Father's Day: Auston Voth gets his first Oriole start vs the Rays

SteveA

2 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

O's need to get Kluber's pitch count up.

That's exactly why I didn't wanna see Baker. Only a 2 run lead and that's the LAST guy you bring in because of Kluber and the 2 run lead. Baker will certainly allow base runners

Has Vespi always had his left heel all the way to the first base side of the rubber?

Looking at his minor league record in some depth for the first time, I see he bounced between SP and RP on the way up.

Between 2018 and 2019, he went BACK to rotation after his first relief only year...I guess that was Elias Year 1 as well.    Post pandemic, he went back to finishing a lot of games in 2021 and 2022 like in 2018.

9 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Lol! That's the same thing I was thinking. Another great positive of having MASN. Seems like the people at MASN are reading magazines or playing video games and they'll get to the stats, scores, errors, etc when they feel like it. 

Even at the stadium it took the entire review for them to realize the Rays had scored. 😒

• Upvote 1

At least he made it to first. Honestly that one was not hit very high. If he goes for two I'm not sure he makes it, unless he is doing an Ichiro impersonation. Yes, as a professional ballplayer he should be running hard every play but that is probably an out more than 99 times out of 100. 

2 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Sorry, Jim, but those were not strikes thrown to Hays. You can clearly see the box and one was high and the last one was low. Both not touching the box. That means they're balls and Hays has every right to be mad. 

Agreed….over the years I almost always have agreed with Palmer, but this year especially find myself questioning him. 

Earlier in the game he insisted the error should have been given to McKenna, but it was clear from the video that Mullins had first deflected it.