If you wanna know who the Os will take, look at betting odds

I'm a Magic and Banchero was never the odds favorite, he was actually 3rd until a couple of hours of the draft.

The Magic kept secret the 1st pick like no other team has done in the last few years. So the Magic are actually the outlier here, if you followed the odds from the start Jabari Smith was the favorite until draft day.

2 minutes ago, Getz said:

I'm a Magic and Banchero was never the odds favorite, he was actually 3rd until a couple of hours of the draft.

The Magic kept secret the 1st pick like no other team has done in the last few years. So the Magic are actually the outlier here, if you followed the odds from the start Jabari Smith was the favorite until draft day.

Correct except Banchero launched up the odds late one night and made headlines bc of the strange move. That’s what you gotta look for, a leak. How do you feel about Banchero vs Smith out of curiosity. I absolutely love him and his story, big Banchero fan!

3 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Correct except Banchero launched up the odds late one night and made headlines bc of the strange move. That’s what you gotta look for, a leak. How do you feel about Banchero vs Smith out of curiosity. I absolutely love him and his story, big Banchero fan!

But if you looked at the odds 2 weeks before the draft like we are, the odds favorite would not be the player actually picked.

I wanted Jabari all throughout the draft process but I would also be okay with Banchero. Having a big that can shoot is always important and has amazing footwork. I've read amazing things about him so I guess he has a good chance to be a special player.

4 minutes ago, Getz said:

But if you looked at the odds 2 weeks before the draft like we are, the odds favorite would not be the player actually picked.

I wanted Jabari all throughout the draft process but I would also be okay with Banchero. Having a big that can shoot is always important and has amazing footwork. I've read amazing things about him so I guess he has a good chance to be a special player.

Jabari is the better player. What sets him apart is the defense. If it wasn’t for Kessler, Jabari would’ve probably led the nation in blocked shots. His handle improved significantly over the course of the season. And the shot is a beauty. He has the offensive potential of Durant, once he becomes more comfortable attacking the rim. 

7 minutes ago, Getz said:

Ok, yes, I misspoke, he was never the favorite just a huge sudden rise. I am def a big Banchero fan, touching story with his mom! 

• 2 weeks later...