07/26/22 Roster Moves: Terrin Vavra is called up from Norfolk (MLB debut) and Arauz to the IL

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 minute ago, oriole said:

I’m getting the vibe like Hyde doesn’t have confidence in Vavra’s defense. If that’s the case, then what role could he possibly have? Unless he hits enough to DH or even play 1B then he’s sort of useless. 

He's been more than comfortable playing Nevin at third and Mancini in the OF on a regular basis so either Vavra's defense is REALLY bad or he's not getting a fair shot. 

I really hope this isn't just an excuse to keep Odor in the lineup. 

5 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He's been more than comfortable playing Nevin at third and Mancini in the OF on a regular basis so either Vavra's defense is REALLY bad or he's not getting a fair shot. 

I really hope this isn't just an excuse to keep Odor in the lineup

Vavra not playing 2B has a lot more to do with Odor than it has to do with concerns about Vavra's defense.   Like it or not, Hyde has confidence in Odor and is showing it.

50 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

And they STILL need to find a way to keep Odor in the lineup AND bat him 6th!?

Starting Vavra is nice to see, but to bench Mountcastle to keep Odor in the lineup? And no Mateo? Our infield defense is not very good today.  Its been a few games since we put our best line up out there

Have you watched Mountcastle lately?  A day off for him is a good idea.  

• Upvote 2