I Wish the Orioles has Made that Trade!

baltfan

11 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Was there any trade that happened during the deadline that you which the Orioles had made the equivalent of?  For example, the Orioles giving up similar prospects for what the Padres gave for Soto

Nope … too much cost, too little value

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

On the Soto trade, hell no!  That would have been trading Gunnar, Cowser, DL Hall, Hays and someone like Westburg.  Soto is just one player.

I would have liked the O's to trade for Mahle.  Haven't looked at what equivalent for O's would have been.

Just one player, but a better player than anyone on that list. Possibly better than all of them combined, if some of them don't pan out. Also, Gunnar is better than Abrams, so I think you might be able to drop Cowser, or at least switch him out with someone else. I'd have done it.

2 minutes ago, deward said:

Just one player, but a better player than anyone on that list. Possibly better than all of them combined, if some of them don't pan out. Also, Gunnar is better than Abrams, so I think you might be able to drop Cowser, or at least switch him out with someone else. I'd have done it.

I would rather not gut our farm system that we have spent half a decade building for 2.33 expensive years of Juan Soto, but YMMV.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1