Chayce McDermott 2022

Tony-OH

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Starting huh?  Seems like most think he will be a reliever but if you think he has a chance to start, you give him the chance to show he can’t.

He's got four pitches so yeah, they'll probably keep starting him. Really no reason not too yet. 

Going back and watching some video of McDermott, it's clear he has a very nice arm. Because of his age though, I think it's time to get him moving up the chain and having him focusing on his fastball-slider combination. He's the typical fastball up, slider low and away reliever that we see now a days though he does have an inconsistent curveball and a very straight, hard change.

Now maybe the Orioles want to train him on the change that they teach and see what they have, but he's a guy that I think could move very quickly in a relief role. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Going back and watching some video of McDermott, it's clear he has a very nice arm. Because of his age though, I think it's time to get him moving up the chain and having him focusing on his fastball-slider combination. He's the typical fastball up, slider low and away reliever that we see now a days though he does have an inconsistent curveball and a very straight, hard change.

Now maybe the Orioles want to train him on the change that they teach and see what they have, but he's a guy that I think could move very quickly in a relief role. 

Thanks for taking a looking at the new toys!  And sharing your thoughts!

I was listening to a podcast that said similar things.  #2 arm in Astros org, bullpen floor, mid-rotation ceiling.  The Astros analyst seemed to like the CB development too despite not using it much in games…. Maybe there’s more potential to unleash!

• Like 1

Chance is torched in his first game for Bowie.  Gets light up for 8 runs and a grandslam.  

Only four hits against but had six walks in less than four innings.   KId caused his own trouble tonight.

Edited by Gurgi

5 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Chance is torched in his first game for Bowie.  Gets light up for 8 runs and a grandslam.  

Only four hits against but had six walks in less than four innings.   KId caused his own trouble tonight.

Threw 87 pitches and couldn’t get through 4 innings.