Friday September 2: Orioles begin 10 game homestand vs Oakland

SteveA

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

All of a sudden the home plate umpire is an issue. Missed that strike at the top of the zone to Brown. Called McKenna out looking on that pitch out of the zone. 

Shut up Garceau, Palmer is rambling. 

Palmer said it was a strike though it may have looked low to McKenna. I think it was outside.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beysbol said:

Sometimes wish the announcers would pay more attention to the game. That third pitch by Kremer was a strike and the ump called it a ball, but Palmer was too busy talking about something else to notice anything. 

Palmer is old and rambles and mutters a lot now.  Much has he diminished in the last four or five years.  I started to really notice last year a lot.   Sadly now I dont find his game calling that quality now.   We will use him till he quits or dies but his better days are way back in the mirror.   

Time waits for no one.   Not even Jockey underwear models.   

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yes that is what happened last year to Adley.  I hope it is not a repeat even though this is someone from the Royals not Rangers where they stuff the ballot boxes and beat him out. Or the Yankees fans who think we are so evil vote for anyone going head to head against us. 
    • And 2 steals. Good enough to put him at .726 OPS and 39 SB through June. Cowser only put up a .795 OPS there. All things considered, EBJ only maybe is slightly under where we hoped he would be. I’d still like to see him finish up in Bowie.  The ASB is June 15-18. Any word on if EBJ has made the team?  I think we could see him promoted afterwards possibly???
    • Both are more of regular season arms. They’re not going to be back end arms in the pen. Suarez wasn’t used like that in his brief stint. He pitches to contact vs hunting for Ks. Both are suited to be regular season SP or bottom half of your pen relievers. 
    • I hope Adley beats out Perez. I believe this is where he lost to Heim last year. Mounty and Westburg will likely lose heads up. 
    • We have an off day to give Mounty an extra days rest. We have an off day next Monday as well with the ASB looming. Mounty is close to making the ASG so I doubt he wants to hit the IL.  Meaning a RP would have to go for Mayo. I think we’re trying to keep Urias this season and move on from him in the offseason. Mayo is on target to be added as our extra player in September unless we have an injury.  It sure would be nice to bring Mayo up and let him get a ton of ABs to be ready for the playoffs.  At the end of the day, what’s worth more?  Urias as an insurance policy that shouldn’t get ABs in the playoffs, or developing Mayo that should get playoff ABs?  
    • When Kremer comes back and if we get a #3 starter, would that help bolster the pen? You can move Suarez and Irvin/Povich into the pen.
    • Those three starts were going against @NYY, @Hou, and Texas. He’s slated to go @Oak with an extra day of rest.  We have to differentiate between regular season SP and playoff SP. Just like how we have to do with regular season RP and playoff RP.  Irvin, Povich, Kremer, and Suarez, are fine options to get you through 162.  Burnes, and Grayson, are our playoff options right now. We need a game 2/3 SP. The playoff RP core looks to be Kimbrel, Cano, Webb, Coloumbe(if healthy), and Perez. It would be nice to add two arms to the playoff RPs. 
  • Popular Contributors