30 games left, 1.5 games out of the playoffs

Sports Guy

Os playoffs   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Os make the playoffs this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/22 at 16:00

I voted yes, but I hate the fact that we have to battle the Blue Jays for this spot because on paper, they have better players than Tampa and Seattle.  I thought they would win the World Series last year if they had just gotten into the playoffs.  And while they did lose Semien and Ray, I think they were the favorites to win the division this year.  Seattle is not as good as their record, but their division outside of Houston is a joke.  I don't even know what to make of Tampa.  All they do is have critical injuries and all they do is win in spite of them.  So to get in, we are going to have to beat a team that was projected to win about 25 - 30 more games than us and hope that Boston hitters forget how good they actually are when we face them.

I voted with my heart, which means "yes". 

But I'm enough of a realist to know that some huge breaks are going to have to go their way in addition to some exhibiting consistent playoff caliber baseball on the field. So I'm contributing to the playoff vibe with my positive attitude. 

Edited by NashLumber

26 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

I voted yes, but I hate the fact that we have to battle the Blue Jays for this spot because on paper, they have better players than Tampa and Seattle.  I thought they would win the World Series last year if they had just gotten into the playoffs.  And while they did lose Semien and Ray, I think they were the favorites to win the division this year.  Seattle is not as good as their record, but their division outside of Houston is a joke.  I don't even know what to make of Tampa.  All they do is have critical injuries and all they do is win in spite of them.  So to get in, we are going to have to beat a team that was projected to win about 25 - 30 more games than us and hope that Boston hitters forget how good they actually are when we face them.

Seattle has a +63 run differential, good for 4th best in the AL.  They have done it without a Haniger too, who is now back I believe.

BTW, only Minnesota has more wins Vs the ALE(for teams outside the division) than Seattle.  

They are a legit team.  It’s not just their division.

I'm not voting bc I am literally 50 50. We've gotten NO help this weekend so I think TB, NY and SEA are in so it is bw us and the Blow Jays.

I am giving us the SLIGHT edge to beat out TOR mainly bc we have 7 of 10 against them at home. Plus we hv the 6 3 series edge so far for the head to head tie breaker. We only have to go 6 4 in the last 10 to beat them out.

Then it just comes down to other games which I think if we just go 500 or slightly above we should be good. Need to finish off the A's and get 3 of 4 vs TOR this week. 

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m listening to the Jays/Pirates on the mlb app. I don’t have Peacock. 

Pittsburgh is pathetic. Their defense is little league like. 

Not expecting any help today 

Their fans are probably saying the same thing about the A’s. Winning 2/3 vs the A’s is not acceptable. 

Seattle has gone 4-2 against us, 1-6 against Boston, 2-5 against Tampa, 4-2 against NY, and 5-2 against Toronto.  So 16-17 overall against the AL East with a -12 run differential.  They went 8-7 against the Angels, 12-4 against Texas, and 8-5 against Oakland.  So 28-16 so far versus the dogs of their division and those opponents make up +47 of their +63 overall run differential.  And they went 7-12 against Houston, who is the big dog.  I do think the Mariners are a good team and I think it would be great to have them in the playoffs because it has been so long.....but I think their division helps them a lot.  

19 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m listening to the Jays/Pirates on the mlb app. I don’t have Peacock. 

Pittsburgh is pathetic. Their defense is little league like. 

Not expecting any help today 

They have beeen almost as bad as us the last few years.  In fact their last good year and making the playoffs was 2015.  Now 7 years into a rebuild after trading Cole and they have shown little to no improvements and have just average farm system.  They even had  as good or better pieces as us to trade off to start the rebuild.  Sometimes we forget how great of a job the system has done in selecting guys as well as instruction to build them up.  Just because they are talented and high picks doesn’t mean the will be proven MLB players.