Wednesday, September 7: Orioles try to split series with Toronto

SteveA

Oh well, Manoa is on his game. This game is lost unless a Blue Jays releiver screws it up.

This is what happens when you blow a double -header knowing you have to face one of the best starter's in the league in one of your two other games.

The Orioles will now be 1-4 over their last 5 games. Its been a good run. 

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

This game is not over. But this series is proving something to me.

Talent for talent, right now the Blue Jays have more. And since they are not going anywhere anytime soon. And since they will be adding Moreno and Ryu to what they already have next year. (I know we will be adding Grayson and a full season of Gunnar as well).

But we are going to need to add more talent from outside the org, if we want to get past them. (Yes I know that we lead the seasons series). But if you look at this must have series, we had to scratch out with all the heart we could muster 1 of the 4 at home.

We're going to need to get better to match bullet for bullet next year with them.

Agreed. I don’t think we are terribly far off. I mean what the Jays have are some more well established guys who have a few years of experience on our guys. I don’t think the talent gap is necessarily a huge delta but our rotation doesn’t have a guy like Manoah for sure. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Oh well, Manoa is on his game. This game is lost unless a Blue Jays releiver screws it up.

This is what happens when you blow a double -header knowing you have to face one of the best starter's in the league in one of your two other games.

Ok - I see what you did there...

• Haha 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Even if we lose tonight we can get back in it next 5 games. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He is 4th in ERA. 

Well he very well may win the Cy Young this year and he's certainly on his game tonight. The Orioles have almost no chance against him so hopefully they need to pull him out at some point to save innings. 

Kremer has been good overall but had that one clown show inning where he couldn't put hitters away and that's the difference.

4 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Erasing a 3 run lead seems a lot to ask.  1,2 ... maybe but 3 just seems out of reach.  But it is baseball so who knows.

There was a time when 3 didn't seem like that many, with all of the last inning comebacks mid-season. But the overall feeling is they're out of gas. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Really could have won Game 1 but those 2 botched DP's play Henderson, combined with Hays and Mateo's missing meatballs with 2 on killed us.  Now in game 4, it's hard to see them coming back.  Losing game 1 really hurt us.