Hang on just a little bit longer....

SteveA

4 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

I can’t share the optimism, but I applaud those of you clinging to slim hope. Something happened to this team in the past two weeks. They just look deflated since about the time Gunnar booted the balls at 2B, not to bash him. Just tough timing there.

The Jays look about like they should have all along. That is a talented group over there, and they are built for a playoff run. We’re just not built that way, honestly. Our starters have been doing good things, but they have been exposed. The pen is over-worked. Ced, Adley and Santander just aren’t enough offense. 

That was my exact thought.  When Gunnar booter the balls at 2b v. Blue Jays everything came back down to Earth.   We were all hoping he'd pull a Manny and put us on his shoulders (at least defensively) and that was kind of it.  Need to finish on a high note.  

• Upvote 1

I'm good with what's happened... it's okay that they won't make it without a miracle push.

I never expected them to put anything resembling this season together, and neither did any of you.

The fact that we're clearly at go time this off-season is what's got me most excited.  Looking forward to several seasons upcoming of good, winning baseball.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

True, but you can't afford a bad week in September when you are chasing  playoff spot, particularly when you are getting beat by your main competition.  

Johnny Oates led Orioles teams in 1992 and 1993 ran into a bad week or two to eliminate the Orioles from AL East contention during September. 

The Blue Jays won the World Series both those years so the Orioles probably weren’t going to finish in first, but two flat Septembers in a row put a damper on two overall fun seasons. 

47 minutes ago, Etch said:

Those batting averages though. Eeessshhh.

Our batting averages are bad and our OBP is worse.

We had good teams in 1992 and 1993.  But I don't know how we even hung with those Blue Jays teams for as long as we did.  Their rosters were insanely talented.  

12 hours ago, rm5678 said:

In the short amount of time that John Schneider has been interim manager, he has shown that he has quite a temper.

That he gets so red-faced creates the impression that he's got a flask somewhere in the dugout--which calls to mind their previous manager (John Gibbons, before Montoya) and how he would wobble around with a amiably confused look on his face whenever he rolled out of the dugout.

45 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m not giving up on this team. Let’s see what they’re made of this week. Somehow just be within 3 back of Toronto going into that final series. That’s all we can hope for. 

Orioles just need to play well themselves. Up to them whether they can hang around or not. Hope the day off did them well. Would be nice to have a fast start. Certainly would expect to see a good bit of orange in the crowd the next 2 days.