What 3 moves would you make this off season (that are realistic)?

DocJJ

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

1. If we’re trying to win the division, which would take 100 games, then we have to come out the gates swinging from day 1. Of course you still hold GR, Westburg, and Cowser, down the first 15 days. 

Just so I can get a good laugh when that strategy blows up in his face two years running?

5 hours ago, btdart20 said:

That’s the point though.  Is that pre Arb MLB level stud a real thing at a reasonable cost?  Boston will dump Hosmer before Casas.  

This is why we scout minor leagues. There’s a LH power guy that plays first base somewhere in the minors. I’m talking about a prospect for prospect trade.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just so I can get a good laugh when that strategy blows up in his face two years running?

If this season was an example of "blowing up in Elias' face" then let's hope he keeps having things blow up in his face so much we mistake him for Wile E. Coyote.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

If this season was an example of "blowing up in Elias' face" then let's hope he keeps having things blow up in his face so much we mistake him for Wile E. Coyote.

He evidently miscalculated with Adley and it's probably going to cost the O's a draft pick.

Would be hilarious to me if he did it again next year with Grayson.

But let's just act like he's infallible.

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He evidently miscalculated with Adley and it's probably going to cost the O's a draft pick.

Would be hilarious to me if he did it again next year with Grayson.

But let's just act like he's infallible.

Adley was hurt.  You don't get to make up facts in your bs Ceasar Chavez routine.

Edited by Pickles

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

He was hurt in 2021?

How did I miss that?

He wasn't held down at the beginning of the season because of his status, he wasn't playing because he was injured.

And in regards to 2021, it's over.  Let it go.

Edited by Pickles

11 minutes ago, Pickles said:

He wasn't held down at the beginning of the season because of his status, he wasn't playing because he was injured.

And in regards to 2021, it's over.  Let it go.

And he didn't appear in the majors in 2021 because Elias was gaming his service time.

If he had been brought up late in 2021 his injury this spring wouldn't have been an issue.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

And he didn't appear in the majors in 2021 because Elias was gaming his service time.

If he had been brought up late in 2021 his injury this spring wouldn't have been an issue.

It is what it is, man.

Talk about what you want, fair enough.  But we've all heard it before.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

It is what it is, man.

Talk about what you want, fair enough.  But we've all heard it before.

Sure you have, and yet you chose to forget about it.

He tried to game Adley's service time and it appears to have blown up in his face.

Adley appears to have earned his full service time for the season and Elias is out a draft pick.

If he does it again next season it might very well happen again.

It's no longer a strategy without risk.

38 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The new CBA was not in place in late 2021. You can hardly blame Elias for keeping him down with no CBA and 185 ABs in AAA. 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

The new CBA was not in place in late 2021. You can hardly blame Elias for keeping him down with no CBA and 185 ABs in AAA. 

I just said his plan to game Adley's service time has apparently blown up in his face.

If he tries it again I'll be rooting for it to blow up in his face again.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just said his plan to game Adley's service time has apparently blown up in his face.

If he tries it again I'll be rooting for it to blow up in his face again.

We have no idea what the plan was other than to wait for the CBA. I guess you could say that blew up in his face but that would be an extremely harsh way of putting it.

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

We have no idea what the plan was other than to wait for the CBA. I guess you could say that blew up in his face but that would be an extremely harsh way of putting it.

He doesn't seem to be getting the extra season and he's not getting a draft pick.

You could also theorize that Adley being acclimated to the majors and joining the team at an earlier date could have resulted in a playoff appearance.  ( I wouldn't go that far)

I'd say that's pretty significant.

Edited by Can_of_corn

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

He doesn't seem to be getting the extra season and he's not getting a draft pick.

You could also theorize that Adley being acclimated to the majors and joining the team at an earlier date could have resulted in a playoff appearance.  ( I wouldn't go that far)

It is true that Elias failed to predict the future CBA and game it accordingly.