Elias on MLB network 1230-ish

Just Regular

Grandpa Redskins over here just making up facts and Corn happily obliging because the Elias hater train was going his way. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

The O's have signed guys to one year make good deals, a pretty fair number of them.

I'd love to hear which major league pitchers the Orioles have signed to 1 year deals pre-Wall that were of the same ilk as Lyles and Gibson. I had a hard time coming up with any, but I'm sure there are a few here or there. 

But even so, the point was not that it was IMPOSSIBLE as you are implying here, but that traditionally it's been difficult. It's less difficult now. 

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Surprised me that anyone is paying attention.  I hadn't noticed.  Too busy posting I guess.

It's a truly staggering number.   I mean, I consider myself a frequent poster, and I've been here since January 22, 2006, and I'm under 30K.   Guys like Frobby and Tony and Moose and SportsGuy are in the 20s/30s.   100K is amazing.

CORRECTION:  SportsGuy is just over 50K.   Still believe my point is valid.

Edited by SteveA

It feels like Players should be enlightened about all this stuff by now (helped on either side by their Agents + Club's mental skills coaches), but just watching day to day it stlll seems deep in a ballplayer's DNA if Kyle Bradish can't get that 15th out that night, or Trey's barrel produces an actual OPS of .000.

Second @SteveA noticing the approaching milestone - I think I'm rooting for it in the Rule 5 thread, that seems appropriate for these Orioles of the first 100K posts.    A moment for me to remember Michael and Scott, to cheer for someone to get to 200K posts, and wonder if retiree mode Rick can close the gap any.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh, I'm supposed to prove a negative?

I already did anyway.  The O's have signed guys to one year make good deals, a pretty fair number of them.

The O's also have had all those other issues I mentioned.

You think all that other stuff isn't an issue? 

Raising the wall up as some sort of bogeyman isn't accurate.  Pitchers have had lots of reasons to avoid the Orioles.

If raising the wall up isn't a meaningful change, then why are all our pitchers talking about it like it is as well as the FA we just signed? You're asserting something that isn't backed up with evidence and telling me you have to prove a negative.  Most of the pitchers the O's signed to 1 year deals were the absolute bottom of the barrel and basically all of them did not work out well for the pitcher in terms of re-establishing their value. 

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It's a truly staggering number.   I mean, I consider myself a frequent poster, and I've been here since January 22, 2006, and I'm under 30K.   Guys like Frobby and Tony and Moose and SportsGuy are in the 20s/30s.   100K is amazing.

I think I did 100k posts twice in the 2000s (under different names when I had been banned once. Lol)

• Haha 2

Just now, LTO's said:

If raising the wall up isn't a meaningful change, then why are all our pitchers talking about it like it is as well as the FA we just signed? You're asserting something that isn't backed up with evidence and telling me you have to prove a negative.  Most of the pitchers the O's signed to 1 year deals were the absolute bottom of the barrel and basically all of them did not work out well for the pitcher in terms of re-establishing their value. 

Right. Our pitchers are talking about, our recent signee is talking about it. It's a thing that matters. It's absolutely a factor. There's no reason for Elias to mention it if it wasn't. And if you don't believe Elias, believe Ken Rosenthal who reported Gibson chose here over the Jays who offered the SAME deal BECAUSE of the wall and the defense. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ironic that the poster calling people names and going crazy is the same one who cries when people do that to him.  

Fair, I got too heated and retracted it. It happens. Especially when the other poster in question was spouting misinformation. And doubling and tripling down despite being presented with evidence. 

Edited by interloper

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Sportsguy posted under multiple names.

Also a solid 5K are music posts.

I don't consider it any achievement and honestly don't pay attention to it.

Mostly it just folks a reason to attack me. 

7 minutes ago, SteveA said: