Left-hander starter potential options through trades

Tony-OH

We know Carlos Rodón is the only left-handed TOR available but we also doubt the Orioles are going to be able to outspend the big boys for his services. 

Right now, the Orioles starting rotation is right-handed only until John Means returns mid-season with DL Hall and Bruce Zimmermann the only legitimate in house options next season. Hall could be an opener, or they could run him out there as a five inning starter, or they could decide he's ready to be moved to impact relief. 

So if they got the trade route, who should they target? 

Homework assignment: So who are some of the left-handed starters that might be available for trade and what are the teams needs?

Second part, if the team had to include a young right-handed starter, who would you part with between Kremer and Bradish?

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Would trade Kremer and not think twice about it.

Luzardo and Rogers immediately come to mind in terms of a lefty starter that could be available (not that they would want Kremer)

Can you post a little "scouting report" on both of them with maybe some links when you gets a chance.

Or can someone else?

Marco Gonzales is a guy I've seen in the trade rumor mill. Not much to like about his K-rate (career 6.7), but he does throw innings (200+ in 2019, 183 in 2022). https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/gonzama02.shtml

And as for Kremer vs Bradish, I'm definitely keeping Bradish just based on the stuff alone. 

Edited by interloper

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Can you post a little "scouting report" on both of them with maybe some links when you gets a chance.

Or can someone else?

This was a pretty good article on ESR earlier this offseason.  He wants Rogers and gives good reasons why but he talked about a few other lefties as well.

https://eutawstreetreport.com/liftoff-talk-part-2-trading-for-a-starting-pitcher/

Edited by Sports Guy

18 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Trevor Rogers, Marlins

They seem to need a CF and 1B the most.

Maybe Mountcastle+? Or maybe we could convince them that Hays is a viable regular in CF.

This would be my vote too, and I think we actually might be able get him with package highlighted by Santander.

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Would trade Kremer and not think twice about it.

Luzardo and Rogers immediately come to mind in terms of a lefty starter that could be available (not that they would want Kremer)

I would LOVE Luzardo (really seemed like he turned the corner last season), but I think it would take a solid prospect to land him. Rogers, on the other hand, could probably be had much less IMO. 

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

Marco Gonzales is a guy I've seen in the trade rumor mill. Not much to like about his K-rate (career 6.7), but he does throw innings (200+ in 2019, 183 in 2022). https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/gonzama02.shtml

And as for Kremer vs Bradish, I'm definitely keeping Bradish just based on the stuff alone. 

I think Marco Gonzales is a ticking timebomb with his inability to miss bats. 

2 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

This would be my vote too, and I think we actually might be able get him with package highlighted by Santander.

The Marlins don't have much money to spend and CF and 1B are much bigger needs for them than COF/DH, so Santander at $7-8 million in his penultimate year of control does not seem like someone they would have a ton of interest in.