Dodgers Actively Looking for CF to Replace Bellinger…..Would you trade Mullins?

Roll Tide

Let’s trade from the one position where there is absolutely no depth outside of Ryan McKenna! Sounds like a great idea

Maybe once we see how Cowser does against major league pitching then trading Mullins could make sense. But that’s far from a sure thing

26 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

To give folks a hypothetical according to this trade simulator Cedric Mullins (CF) and Trevor May (SP) have roughly the same trade value. 

To answer the question in the OP, I think Mullins is probably worth less than a Stone/Miller package. 

Correction. I meant "Dustin" May, although I'm sure Trevor is a much more Angelosean type player. 

20 minutes ago, oriole said:

Let’s trade from the one position where there is absolutely no depth outside of Ryan McKenna! Sounds like a great idea

Maybe once we see how Cowser does against major league pitching then trading Mullins could make sense. But that’s far from a sure thing

No worries there... Brett Phillips is still available right? 😉

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Dustin May has started 11 games in the last two years. For his four year career has thrown less then 150 innings. 

He's just coming back from TJ. But young and dominant.  I would do the Mullins-May trade in a heartbeat, and I'm not even one of those looking to trade Mullins.  

Hays/Cowser CF would be fine.

This really depends on what the goal is for this season. If we are really looking to compete, it makes no sense to deal Mullins now. Earlier in the offseaon when you could replace him with a Nimmo, maybe. But now, you would have to go with Hays in CF (or McKenna). McKenna doesn't have the bat to be an everyday player, particularly when we are already carrying a glove first everyday player in Mateo. As for Hays, that's a bit better, but he's not as good defensively in CF as Mullins which would mean all our pitchers take a hit. 

For me, I would be more than open to trading Mullins and would be actively shopping him. I think it was a big mistake to not trade him last offseason. He's a platoon guy who should bat no higher than 8th vs left handed pitching. I think his 2020 and 2022 offensive seasons are basically who he is. 2021 is obviously his ceiling and it's a pretty high one but I think that will end up as his career year. As an everyday player I'd expect him to hit around .270, have an on base around .320, and play a good CF. If he's benched vs lefties he would likely hit closer to .300. Last year he was .279/.340 vs righties, 2021 he was .299/.372, and in 2020 he was .305/.348.

That being said, I highly doubt he is traded. Elias seems to really like him. His speed isn't likely to decline over the next few years so while I don't expect that they'll extend him I do think they'll keep him around for another year or two. Also, it didn't exactly help his value when he was being benched in a playoff chase for McKenna. I have no idea what he'd be worth in a trade but I suspect that he's in a similar boat as I suspect Santander is and that's one where he's more valuable to the Orioles than he is to other teams.

28 minutes ago, connja said:

He's just coming back from TJ. But young and dominant.  I would do the Mullins-May trade in a heartbeat, and I'm not even one of those looking to trade Mullins.  

Hays/Cowser CF would be fine.

Me too. Dustin May's stuff is absolutely filthy and he's still only 25. 

May Los Angeles GIF by MLB