AAA Rotation

interloper

Currently here are the most likely candidates to make starts in Norfolk:

1. Hall (if he doesn't make the big club as a reliever or starter)
2. Watkins
3. Zimmermann
4. Rom
5. Lowther
6. Vallimont
7. Watson
8. Baumann (*EDIT*)

Am I missing anyone? It's not as bad as I thought honestly. It's not great either, though. Only Hall and Rom are the interesting prospect follows. Vallimont is kind of interesting as a lightning in a bottle type. Watkins and Zimmermann are your emergency depth guys. I don't know much about Ryan Watson - looks like he worked out of the bullpen once he got to Norfolk, but maybe that was an innings limit thing. Lowther is just depressing. 

Thoughts??

Edited by interloper

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Currently here are the most likely candidates to make starts in Norfolk:

1. Hall (if he doesn't make the big club as a reliever or starter)
2. Watkins
3. Zimmermann
4. Rom
5. Lowther
6. Vallimont
7. Watson

Am I missing anyone? It's not as bad as I thought honestly. It's not great either, though. Only Hall and Rom are the interesting prospect follows. Vallimont is kind of interesting as a lightning in a bottle type. Watkins and Zimmermann are your emergency depth guys. I don't know much about Ryan Watson - looks like he worked out of the bullpen once he got to Norfolk, but maybe that was an innings limit thing. Lowther is just depressing. 

Thoughts??

Baumann unless they are ready to move him to the bullpen.  I'd think they want him as emergency starting depth for this year though. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe I'm looking through my orange-tinted glasses, but that's the best AAA rotation we've had in years. You have some legit prospects there with Hall and Rom and several with major league experience in Watkins, Zimmerman, Lowther and Baumann. Lowther and Baumann were great at the lower levels, but may have been rushed and have struggled going back and forth.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, orioles22 said:

Lowther and Baumann were great at the lower levels, but may have been rushed and have struggled going back and forth

Baumann was actually pretty good at AAA last year. Low 4s ERA and 81 Ks in 60 innings. I don't know why Lowther is even still in the org at this point. 

3 hours ago, LTO's said:

Baumann was actually pretty good at AAA last year. Low 4s ERA and 81 Ks in 60 innings. I don't know why Lowther is even still in the org at this point. 

I really don’t know what happened with Lowther, but it seems like the career interruption due to the pandemic really messed him up somehow, more than most guys.  The yo-yoing at the start of 2021 may have been a factor too, but he hasn’t really been effective at any level for any length of time over the last two years.  

19 hours ago, Frobby said:

I really don’t know what happened with Lowther, but it seems like the career interruption due to the pandemic really messed him up somehow, more than most guys.  The yo-yoing at the start of 2021 may have been a factor too, but he hasn’t really been effective at any level for any length of time over the last two years.  

It really is pretty incredible. Of the Wells, Zimmerman, Lowther group, I thought he'd be by far the best. It just went sideways for him. You have to wonder if this is a sink or swim year for him. It's time to get it right or he might get pushed out of this org.

I do think Denoyer and Armbruester will compete to be in that rotation, with Young and Povich potential mid-season additions.