DL Hall's back soreness "not an issue anymore"

wildcard

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If it took him 40 pitches to get five outs I wouldn't really call that decent, even if they pulled him in time.

Did you bother reading what Hank Scorpio wrote?  I’m not watching but take what he said at face value.  

He looked good.  The last batter is the only one who barreled him on a slider that was down and away.   The fastball was only 93-95 but you’d think it was 97-98 the way the hitters were reacting.   He overpowered Marsh who apparently isn’t good against LHP.  Their hottest spring hitter is Soto a RH hitter.  Got behind 3-0 and the kid tipped a 3-0 fastball and couldn’t catch up to a 3-1 fastball and swung and missed on a curve Hall buried in the dirt.  

He threw some good changeups.  That’s the only secondary he’s got good control of.  He had good command of the fastball.  When he missed it wasn’t by much.   

• Upvote 1

Hall said he got tired in the second inning of work. He may only get two more appearances in spring training games WIll it be enough to keep him at the beginning of the season or do they send him down to build some innings even as a reliever?

“Definitely started to wear down,” Hall said. “It’s obviously a little bit different level of energy you’re having to use in a live game situation. So I definitely felt like I got a little tired, but that’s part of the build-up.”

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No I am watching the Philly feed.

I also watched the Philly feed and he looked awesome in the first inning he pitched.

The second inning, the broadcaster noted that once he was pitching from the stretch he seemed unable to repeat his delivery.  He clearly would’ve been out of the inning if either the wind blown LF bloop had been caught or if Terry hadn’t muffed the ball that came to him.

But did anyone else see that he had lost his command pitching from the stretch?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, justD said:

I also watched the Philly feed and he looked awesome in the first inning he pitched.

The second inning, the broadcaster noted that once he was pitching from the stretch he seemed unable to repeat his delivery.  He clearly would’ve been out of the inning if either the wind blown LF bloop had been caught or if Terry hadn’t muffed the ball that came to him.

But did anyone else see that he had lost his command pitching from the stretch?

I thought his fastball command was pretty darn good. He was shooting for the outside corner a fair amount vs lefties and he was in the neighborhood the whole time. His changeup is a real weapon.

I think he’s got starter stuff.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think they left Hall out there one batter too long.  Terry’s error was at 40 pitches.  Should have pulled him then.  Decent outing made worse by some bad luck and shoddy defense.  

10 swings and misses by Hall. Most of any pitcher.