It seems like another free agent could be signed: who's left that makes sense?

interloper

30 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think Profar would kick Santander to DH.  Vavra to AAA and Westburg/Ortiz to AAA.  We then also wouldn't have to rush Cowser.  Our lineup would be,

vs RHP

1. Mulllins L CF

2. AR S C

3. Gunnar L SS

4. Santander S DH

5. Mountcastle R 1B

6. Stowers L LF

7. Urias R 3B

8. Profar S RF

9. Frazier L 2B

McCann, Mateo, Hays, Mckenna

I don't hate this, although I'd have Profar and Stowers switch corners. 

I'm just not sure whatever upgrade Profar provides over Hays is worth what he'll command. If we had a nobody in LF, it would be a no-brainer for sure. Or if we planned to trade an outfielder.

Edited by interloper

In discussing the still available free agents, no one has brought up the elephant in the room.  Available for the major league minimum, but comes with the heaviest of baggage.  Too controversial for any team to touch as of now, it seems.  I wonder what team will eventually pull the trigger.  Somehow, it seems like a very Blue Jays thing to do, IMO.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

In discussing the still available free agents, no one has brought up the elephant in the room.  Available for the major league minimum, but comes with the heaviest of baggage.  Too controversial for any team to touch as of now, it seems.  I wonder what team will eventually pull the trigger.  Somehow, it seems like a very Blue Jays thing to do, IMO.

I'd take him.

(maybe we can get 15 pages of angry thread out of THAT comment)

Edited by owknows

3 hours ago, interloper said:

I don't hate this, although I'd have Profar and Stowers switch corners. 

I'm just not sure whatever upgrade Profar provides over Hays is worth what he'll command. If we had a nobody in LF, it would be a no-brainer for sure. Or if we planned to trade an outfielder.

Hays was one of the worst starting LFers in MLB last year.  Cost aside, Profar is an upgrade. 

Edited by emmett16

28 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

I wonder what Bundy is waiting for - an injury or retirement to ensure a ML deal?

At 30 would he consider a move to the pen? Would he be any good there?

I’m rooting for him to get a gig as a RP.  Just not as an oriole.  That kid had a rough run of luck.  

28 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Fixed.  Yea - a bit much.  

OK, I’ll downgrade my adjective from “ludicrous” to “highly debatable.” 😇 But I won’t ding your credibility for saying that.  

Honestly, half the teams don’t really have a “starting LF.”  Only 15 teams have a player who made 81+ starts there.   Hays barely did, with 82.  He also played a good bit of RF.  

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

OK, I’ll downgrade my adjective from “ludicrous” to “highly debatable.” 😇 But I won’t ding your credibility for saying that.  

Honestly, half the teams don’t really have a “starting LF.”  Only 15 teams have a player who made 81+ starts there.   Hays barely did, with 82.  He also played a good bit of RF.  

It was a lazy comment.  The good thing about OH is lazy comments don’t fly.

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 1