2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

I agree with Urias over Frazier, mainly for how bad Frazier's defense has been.  But I have no problem with not starting  Kjerstad.  This was not your typical callup, it was due to an injury and to keep us from being a man down.  I certainly don't want to give a rookie his first start in arguably the biggest series of the year.  

The whole Mounty can play now is obviously not true…figured that when they didn’t pinch hit for OHearn vs Poche last night.

Hopefully he’s ok. 

I get having Hicks and Frazier in there for this series. It honestly makes sense to me. I don’t want them playing a lot but they do have roles on this team and big games and big moments where they give us good at bats are those times. The defense for Frazier can definitely hurt us but I get it.

Glad to see “Silent J” in the lineup. I was skeptical we would see him.

Obviously glad to see Adley pushed out of the leadoff spot.

Awful lineup. Don't care if we score 10 runs and win, Hyde has proven that he's a major liability to this team by refusing to play his most talented players and sticking with underperforming vets (Flaherty, Frazier, Mateo, and Hicks with his atrocious defense).

Hicks and Frazier need to be benched permanently, but Hyde won't do it. Terrible managing for a guy who's going to win AL Manager of the Year only because he has more talent than anyone else in baseball except for the Braves.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Awful lineup. Don't care if we score 10 runs and win, Hyde has proven that he's a major liability to this team by refusing to play his most talented players and sticking with underperforming vets (Flaherty, Frazier, Mateo, and Hicks with his atrocious defense).

Hicks and Frazier need to be benched permanently, but Hyde won't do it. Terrible managing for a guy who's going to win AL Manager of the Year only because he has more talent than anyone else in baseball except for the Braves.

Can't disagree at all. I didn't like that he pinch hit for Kjerstad last night. The guy hits a home run and you bench him? I get it, Hyde was doing the textbook righty lefty thing. But sometimes you need to go with your gut. Sometimes I think Hyde manages way too conservatively.

41 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Bummed I’m going to the game and both Kjerstad and Westburg aren’t starting. Maybe they’ll pinch hit

Yeah the team needs a shake up.  The look tired and lame.  Zero energy.

GH batting lead off is interesting.

Completely off the wall (and perhaps stupid) idea  but......I get this idea from watching the HBO show about the Lakers....Winning time. 

I would have called up Cowser, Ortiz (although is he not available) as well as Mayo and maybe even Holliday and started them all today.  Especially with G Rod pitching.

Think of a line up of Westberg, Kjerstad, GH, AR, Cowser, Mayo, Holliday and Ortiz if available.  G Rod pitching. 

I realize this is radical and not something you could do everyday but putting all the young guys out there from AAA?  They may give the team a jolt and they may be young enough to not care about the pressure.    They couldn't do worse than what we are seeing.