2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

53 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Orioles lineup management logic. Leadoff Mullins (L) and play Henderson (L) when Cortes absolutely dominates lefties holding them to a .110/.180/.159/.338.

Why is McKenna on this team if he's not going to start against tough lefties? Well I guess Mullins does have that one single in 12 PAs against him vs the 0-for-7 McKenna has vs Cortes. Must be enough to give Mullins something like .00000034% better chance of getting a hit today. lol

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Not surprised by Stowers considering how it seems like he's not valued by Hyde/Elias/Sig's computer.

I am a litle surprised that we're 8 games in, Santander has been trash and he hasn't seen a day off. 

Can't sit Santander, no way. And now they didn't even have the option of starting Stowers since they preferred to keep their boy Bemboom on the roster. lol.. Can't make up this roster management. Doesn't matter anyways, all Stowers did was slash .330/.441/.577/1.018 in 118 PAs against AAA lefties last year so clearly he cant hit major league lefties. 

Apparently know some kind of secret analysis that says Stowers would never hit a major league lefty. It's just absolutely bonkers.

I'm quickly getting to the point that Elias/Sig know how to draft and even develop (though defensively develop is still a question in my mind) but really, really struggle with their major league management understanding. 

They certainly are going against the grain and only time will tell whether their analysis that devalues Stowers' ability will turn out to be correct.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't view it was great news they are moving him out of the outfield.

I thought his glove projected OK out there?

Maybe his glove is ok out there and they are still moving him to 1B.   Could be, right?

There’s no true 1B prospect in the system but we he have Stowers, Cowser, Haskins, Fabian, and Beavers in the OF where most are considered ok or better than ok.  In addition, you have someone like Norby who may have to move to the outfield.

45 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Maybe his glove is ok out there and they are still moving him to 1B.   Could be, right?

There’s no true 1B prospect in the system but we he have Stowers, Cowser, Haskins, Fabian, and Beavers in the OF where most are considered ok or better than ok.  In addition, you have someone like Norby who may have to move to the outfield.

Maybe he has a slight strain or bruise and don't want him roaming the outfield? Think they have only played three games, so we see if he goes back in the outfield. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't view it was great news they are moving him out of the outfield.

I thought his glove projected OK out there?

Agreed, not great news for Kjerstad. Still, I think it is probably at least equally about MLB team and system need as about Kjerstad himself. 

Based on eye test he looks similar to Stowers, actually. Athletic for his size but still a big guy who is going to be average at best COF. Doesn't look super fluid. MLB.com has him as 45 runner, 50 defense, really not great. Cowser and Beavers are 55/50, Fabian is 55/55, and Haskin is 60/60.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Can't sit Santander, no way. And now they didn't even have the option of starting Stowers since they preferred to keep their boy Bemboom on the roster. lol.. Can't make up this roster management. Doesn't matter anyways, all Stowers did was slash .330/.441/.577/1.018 in 118 PAs against AAA lefties last year so clearly he cant hit major league lefties. 

Apparently know some kind of secret analysis that says Stowers would never hit a major league lefty. It's just absolutely bonkers.

I'm quickly getting to the point that Elias/Sig know how to draft and even develop (though defensively develop is still a question in my mind) but really, really struggle with their major league management understanding. 

They certainly are going against the grain and only time will tell whether their analysis that devalues Stowers' ability will turn out to be correct.

Big game. Gotta play your best players. Builds character and shows confidence. Now let’s get some runs. 

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mountcastle is on the verge of a real hot streak.  Also, that's one of the best defensive lineups in baseball right there.  

A's ERA is a somewhat low 7.54. They play lousy defense and have scored 27 runs.Other then that they are a fun team to watch.

Edited by Going Underground

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mountcastle is on the verge of a real hot streak.  Also, that's one of the best defensive lineups in baseball right there.  

I would have much rather Henderson sat against Cortes than Sears (right?? I mean if you know you're facing a bunch of lefties and you're picking and choosing spots for rookie to face them....???), but I do have to agree that defensively this is probably the best possible lineup. 

• Upvote 2