Kyle Bradish 2023

Frobby

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think it was that hard to figure out.  😉

As for Means, he was the one behind his velocity uptick.

The team seems to approve their pitchers using Driveline or whatever to improve performance/velocity.   I don’t think the organization is behind every improvement but they also aren’t anal in their approach.  It seems to be a two heads is better than one even if one of the heads doesn’t work directly for the Orioles.   They seem to be open minded to the fact that knowledge and improvement is foremost and we can figure out who gets the credit later.   If the player/pitcher improves its a win for the player and the organization.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The team seems to approve their pitchers using Driveline or whatever to improve performance/velocity.   I don’t think the organization is behind every improvement but they also aren’t anal in their approach.  It seems to be a two heads is better than one even if one of the heads doesn’t work directly for the Orioles.   They seem to be open minded to the fact that knowledge and improvement is foremost and we can figure out who gets the credit later.   If the player/pitcher improves its a win for the player and the organization.  

I'm not disagreeing with any of that.

But I do think it is interesting that the adjustment seemingly didn't come from the O's.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

But I do think it is interesting that the adjustment seemingly didn't come from the O's.

He doesn't specifically say it didn't though. "I started tinkering with a sinker" could easily be addended with "after consulting with the pitching coaches", but maybe he just leaves that out in the moment. Not saying you're wrong, just that it's not definitive. 

Or,

Maybe he started throwing all on his own, and then the Orioles looked at it with their tech and analytics and said, yup, do more of that.

Either way, the development environment appears to nurture and reward experimentation as long as it's getting results. 

31 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Seemingly.  I would guess that it didn’t but we don’t know so when you say “seemingly” it’s based on zero information one way or the other.   It’s what you prefer to think absent that information.

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Seemingly.  I would guess that it didn’t but we don’t know so when you say “seemingly” it’s based on zero information one way or the other.   It’s what you prefer to think absent that information.

It's based off the fact that Bradish didn't specifically mention them being part of the process and used language to indicate that it was his decision.

I think that in most cases a player would mention if the team was involved in something of the sort.  I don't think that qualifies as "zero information".

But it's what you prefer to think about me absent that information.  😉

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Kyle Bradish = Ace

He’s gotten better for sure. He and TWells developing this year has been really good for the club. I don’t think he can ever offer what GrayRod can in pure/raw talent/ability but he’s become a better pitcher and with TWells’s recent struggles, I agree that Braddish has become the in-house #1 of their staff. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

If Braddish were a bigger name he would be receiving Cy Young attention. I’m not suggesting that he should win it but he’s T-1st in ERA, 7th in WHIP and 4th in BAA. I haven’t looked up the other stats to see where he ranks but he’s the best pitcher in the best team in the league. He should at least be mentioned in the conversation. 

19 minutes ago, banks703 said:

If Braddish were a bigger name he would be receiving Cy Young attention. I’m not suggesting that he should win it but he’s T-1st in ERA, 7th in WHIP and 4th in BAA. I haven’t looked up the other stats to see where he ranks but he’s the best pitcher in the best team in the league. He should at least be mentioned in the conversation. 

Can't mention Bradish without mentioning Kyle Gibson. He's got 2.5 fWAR while Bradish came into today at only 2.2.