ACC Thread

YardBirds13

I follow the CAA too, and I'm with you on JMU, it's cool to see them have a little success after the Dillard/Keener eras. I'm pulling for them, although I've been impressed with Northeastern and VCU this year as well.

Yeah, VCU and Northeastern are pretty clearly the two top teams in the league this year.

We had NU on the ropes in Harrisonburg back in December and let them get away. Matt Janning is a really good player for them.

Maynor is the best player in the league by far though. We still play them twice, including the trip to Richmond this week.

Honestly, it's just nice to be relevant again. I'm hoping to finish in the top 4 and get a bye in the CAA Tournament, then just hope we win a quarterfinal game to get in the Semis. That would really be a success this year. Anything more than that is gravy for Brady's first year.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, VCU and Northeastern are pretty clearly the two top teams in the league this year.

We had NU on the ropes in Harrisonburg back in December and let them get away. Matt Janning is a really good player for them.

Maynor is the best player in the league by far though. We still play them twice, including the trip to Richmond this week.

Honestly, it's just nice to be relevant again. I'm hoping to finish in the top 4 and get a bye in the CAA Tournament, then just hope we win a quarterfinal game to get in the Semis. That would really be a success this year. Anything more than that is gravy for Brady's first year.

That's always one of my favorite tourneys to be honest. My buddy works for Towson and I've been to Richmond for it before. You guys have a shot to make some noise, and I'll be pulling for you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=67453

Not sure if this will show up or not but this is an ESPN poll...22% think the Duke/UNC rivalry is the best in sports....And its not just the south that thinks so.

Poll questions like this are so dumb. Any debate that is developed from it is just silly? How in the world is anyone supposed to figure out what the "best" rivalry in sports is? How do you measure that? Why can't ESPN just let people enjoy a game and a great rivalry. It's right up there, to be sure, but I just think it's silly when ESPN asks stuff like this and "Who's Now?" from a few years ago.

Not a rant against you SG, but polls like that just make me crazy. ESPN really has run out of stuff to talk about.

Also, the 22% is probably inflated because the game is tonight similar to if they asked the question the night before the Michigan/Ohio State game a few years ago when those teams were 1 and 2 in the country.

Poll questions like this are so dumb. Any debate that is developed from it is just silly? How in the world is anyone supposed to figure out what the "best" rivalry in sports is? How do you measure that? Why can't ESPN just let people enjoy a game and a great rivalry. It's right up there, to be sure, but I just think it's silly when ESPN asks stuff like this and "Who's Now?" from a few years ago.

Not a rant against you SG, but polls like that just make me crazy. ESPN really has run out of stuff to talk about.

Also, the 22% is probably inflated because the game is tonight similar to if they asked the question the night before the Michigan/Ohio State game a few years ago when those teams were 1 and 2 in the country.

The only point I was trying to make was that more people care about this rivalry than those who live in NC and who are duke/unc fans...A poster earlier said that no one else would care about that game if it were the NC game this year and I think that is wrong.

The only point I was trying to make was that more people care about these polls than those who live in NC and who are duke/unc fans...A poster earlier said that no one else would care about that game if it were the NC game this year and I think that is wrong.

Well yea, he's certainly wrong about that. And I'm sure most of the country is excited for this game. I'll certainly be watching.

Well yea, he's certainly wrong about that. And I'm sure most of the country is excited for this game. I'll certainly be watching.
The only point I was trying to make was that more people care about this rivalry than those who live in NC and who are duke/unc fans...A poster earlier said that no one else would care about that game if it were the NC game this year and I think that is wrong.

Yes, I'm definitely wrong especially since I never said that. I guess I didn’t make my point clear enough on page 6 of this thread. Who the hell wouldn't be excited to watch that game? I was simply pointing out that not everybody is pulling for a Duke/UNC final. Obviously, it beats out watching out LSU vs. Florida for the final (no offense LSU, Florida fans)

If it comes down to a UNC/Duke final great, but if my favorite team makes the tourney damn sure if they play UNC again, I’m not rooting against them to lose against UNC and sure enough if Clemson has to play Duke in the tourney, those Clemson fans aren’t pulling for Duke to beat their team so they can see this great matchup.

People wanting to see their team succeed and hoping a Duke/UNC matchup doesn’t happen is not the same as no one else caring about this game, anybody that claims to be a college basketball fan will be watching tonight as it’s Duke/Carolina, with that being said I just hope this isn’t a preview of the final game of the year as I can’t stand Duke, like the NCAA trny upsets, and wouldn’t mind the uncertainty that comes along with college basketball, but if it did end up Duke/UNC, at first I wouldn’t necessarily be pleased because the mid-majors and other high powered teams couldn’t knock them out of the trny, but when the clock hits game time, I know the whole country will be in for a good one

--

To clarify, when I said it would be an awful matchup for a championship game between UNC and Duke, I didn’t mean necessarily it would be an awful game, more so how I think it would be awful if ended up as that, I rather see Wake from the ACC this year if possible, anyway if anybody wants to back track what I had to say, once again it’s on page 6 so everyone can drill me more and hit me with a hammer, and as if anybody cares about my opinion, go Tar Heels tonight

He's taking over the game right now. Anybody that looks at the final score and didn't see the game will think it was a beat down by UNC but that wasn't the case for the first 31 minutes.

It was a game of runs..NC had the better last run.. just another great game between these two..

Archived