ACC Thread

YardBirds13

Two in a row for Leitao and Landesberg and Co.! Three in a row in Raleigh this weekend?

Florida State cemented a NCAA bid tonight, beating Miami, and really putting the Canes in trouble. FSU held McClinton to 13 points. Miami pretty much needs all 4 of their remaining games, but they certainly can win all 4. BC, at UVA, at GT, NCST. I think they run the table, get to 8-8, and get in the tourney. One loss means they need to do work in the ACC Tourney.

VT suffers their second straight loss, and they are on thin ice as well. They are very similar to MD in terms of their ending schedule: FSU, at CLEM, DUKE, UNC, at FSU.

Tough, but games that if they win should really help them out. 3-2 and the Hokies dance IMO. 2-3 and it's a bit more dicey.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two in a row for Leitao and Landesberg and Co.! Three in a row in Raleigh this weekend?

Florida State cemented a NCAA bid tonight, beating Miami, and really putting the Canes in trouble. FSU held McClinton to 13 points. Miami pretty much needs all 4 of their remaining games, but they certainly can win all 4. BC, at UVA, at GT, NCST. I think they run the table, get to 8-8, and get in the tourney. One loss means they need to do work in the ACC Tourney.

VT suffers their second straight loss, and they are on thin ice as well. They are very similar to MD in terms of their ending schedule: FSU, at CLEM, DUKE, UNC, at FSU.

Tough, but games that if they win should really help them out. 3-2 and the Hokies dance IMO. 2-3 and it's a bit more dicey.

Wasn't there another game in the ACC tonight? Hmm.. No respect for your league leaders?

Wasn't there another game in the ACC tonight? Hmm.. No respect for your league leaders?

Nope, none at all :P

I was focusing more on the bubble teams, and being selfish and talking about my own team finally playing well.

You're right bean. Tyler dropped 27 on the Wolfpack and the Heels have just about sewn up the regular season title.

Oh, and since bean cleaaaaaarly wants me to cover every game in the league, Wake beat Georgia Tech tonight too. ;)

Sorry, as excited as I am about how Sylven and the boys have been playing, I'm still trying to recover from the Double-OT loss JMU took tonight basically taking away any shot of a first-round bye in the CAA Tourney.

Nope, none at all :P

I was focusing more on the bubble teams, and being selfish and talking about my own team finally playing well.

You're right bean. Tyler dropped 27 on the Wolfpack and the Heels have just about sewn up the regular season title.

Oh, and since bean cleaaaaaarly wants me to cover every game in the league, Wake beat Georgia Tech tonight too. ;)

Sorry, as excited as I am about how Sylven and the boys have been playing, I'm still trying to recover from the Double-OT loss JMU took tonight basically taking away any shot of a first-round bye in the CAA Tourney.

And Tyler Zeller came back too!!

tough loss for JMU, but you have to be happy with the season so far. You could be Towson.

And Tyler Zeller came back too!!

tough loss for JMU, but you have to be happy with the season so far. You could be Towson.

Forgot about Zeller. Howd he look? Any chance Ginyard gets back?

And that's why I'm so bummed, because I'm so happy about the season so far, if that makes sense.

I'm thrilled to care about JMU hoops, just a rough back to back on our Wednesday road games. We lose in OT at VCU last week, then in Double OT at Hofstra.

Cannot wait for the CAA tourney though. Quarterfinal round will be as good there as any in the country. VCU, Northeastern, Mason, Drexel, Hofstra, ODU, JMU are all pretty close in talent.

Forgot about Zeller. Howd he look? Any chance Ginyard gets back?

And that's why I'm so bummed, because I'm so happy about the season so far, if that makes sense.

I'm thrilled to care about JMU hoops, just a rough back to back on our Wednesday road games. We lose in OT at VCU last week, then in Double OT at Hofstra.

Cannot wait for the CAA tourney though. Quarterfinal round will be as good there as any in the country. VCU, Northeastern, Mason, Drexel, Hofstra, ODU, JMU are all pretty close in talent.

Zeller looked bad, but he'll get better every time out. Ginyard is out for the season. Hopefully he'll get a redshirt.

Agreed 100% on the CAA. I'm looking forward to seeing Northeastern on a neutral floor. JMU is at least in position to win a few games, and you haven't been able to say that in a while.

They should have handled NC State better than that.

I am going to say VT, MD and Miami get left out.

The bottom teams in the league aren't pushovers and they are going to upset some teams.

I have been saying I didn't think the ACC would get the 7-8 that many hoped for...I started the season thinking they would get 5 but FSU and especially BC have surprised me...I think both of those teams get in and of course the top 4.

Zeller looked bad, but he'll get better every time out. Ginyard is out for the season. Hopefully he'll get a redshirt.

Agreed 100% on the CAA. I'm looking forward to seeing Northeastern on a neutral floor. JMU is at least in position to win a few games, and you haven't been able to say that in a while.

Did Ginyard get in at all during the beginning of the season? Seems to me like he should get his redshirt year.

They'll need him, since you have to believe Ty and Wayne will mosey on out of town with Tyler and Danny.

Oh, what's that? You have like 5 90-rated or higher recruits coming in next year too? Must be nice to be Carolina...;)

On the CAA, without question. Basketball has been an afterthought at that school, only being followed by me and stupid diehards like myself. Really exciting to see the team playing well. This kid Julius Wells is something else.

The thing with the CAA is, everybody has struggled on the road. It's been a pretty home court dominant league for the most part, so it'll be interesting to see how that translates to Richmond. I think I'd still make VCU the favorite, with Maynor and Sanders, but there are a handful who could win. PLaying two of the better teams in the league tight on the road the last two weeks certainly has me thinking JMU could make noise.

They should have handled NC State better than that.

I am going to say VT, MD and Miami get left out.

The bottom teams in the league aren't pushovers and they are going to upset some teams.

I have been saying I didn't think the ACC would get the 7-8 that many hoped for...I started the season thinking they would get 5 but FSU and especially BC have surprised me...I think both of those teams get in and of course the top 4.

I think 1 of those 3 gets in and the ACC gets 7 teams. Miami has an easy schedule, so no room for slipping up. If they take care of business I think they get in.

Tech and Maryland have tough schedules, so they have plenty of opportunities, just not sure if they will be able to take advantage.

By the way, I hate Duke playing St. John's tomorrow night. Why schedule that game in mid-Feb? I know they do it alot, I just hate it.

I think 1 of those 3 gets in and the ACC gets 7 teams. Miami has an easy schedule, so no room for slipping up. If they take care of business I think they get in.

Tech and Maryland have tough schedules, so they have plenty of opportunities, just not sure if they will be able to take advantage.

By the way, I hate Duke playing St. John's tomorrow night. Why schedule that game in mid-Feb? I know they do it alot, I just hate it.

I hate it because it probably prevents them from getting the extra rest and getting a full week off and that is important right now.

But the game itself is important...They should trample St Johns but we will see if they do...It also needs to be a game where K should re-establish his bench.

Did Ginyard get in at all during the beginning of the season? Seems to me like he should get his redshirt year.

They'll need him, since you have to believe Ty and Wayne will mosey on out of town with Tyler and Danny.

Oh, what's that? You have like 5 90-rated or higher recruits coming in next year too? Must be nice to be Carolina...;)

On the CAA, without question. Basketball has been an afterthought at that school, only being followed by me and stupid diehards like myself. Really exciting to see the team playing well. This kid Julius Wells is something else.

The thing with the CAA is, everybody has struggled on the road. It's been a pretty home court dominant league for the most part, so it'll be interesting to see how that translates to Richmond. I think I'd still make VCU the favorite, with Maynor and Sanders, but there are a handful who could win. PLaying two of the better teams in the league tight on the road the last two weeks certainly has me thinking JMU could make noise.

Ginyard got into three games before he got hurt again, so they're petitioning for a 5th season. We shall see.

Agreed, which is why I'm looking forward to the neutral floor. VCU has a small advantage, but every team seems to bring plenty of fans.

I hate it because it probably prevents them from getting the extra rest and getting a full week off and that is important right now.

But the game itself is important...They should trample St Johns but we will see if they do...It also needs to be a game where K should re-establish his bench.

Yeah, something is wrong if Williams, Plumlee, and Pocious dont see big minutes tomorrow night.

Yeah, something is wrong if Williams, Plumlee, and Pocious dont see big minutes tomorrow night.

Pocious doesn't need to see the minutes as much...It is Plumlee and Williams..If they do, that will give Duke a good 10 man rotation.

What has bothered me is that Duke has gotten out to a lot of big leads in their games and instead of getting the key guys out of the game, K has left them in and then they start to get tired.

He should be stealing a lot of minutes from the key guys, especially in the first half, much more.

And they should be trying to establish something with Plumlee down low.

Plumlee and Williams are very talented and could do a lot of things..They are athletic and quick...They should be getting 8-12 minutes a game.

VCU will have the best player in that tourney..I have seen some mock drafts with Maynor going in the top 17 or so.

Having the best player on the court is always so huge, especially in these mid major games.

No question.

Maynor is incredible. He should win CAA POY unanimously.

You could make the argument that they have the TWO best players in the league, when you talk about Larry Sanders too. He has been getting some NBA hype, and he is only a Soph.

Besides that, Janning at Northeastern is a very good player, as is Charles Jenkins at Hofstra, Gerald Lee for ODU, etc etc.

The CAA doesn't have the at-large team this year, but I wouldn't be shocked if any of the Top 7 teams won it, they have all been that close this year.

My boy Julius Wells is making a push for ROY of the CAA.

Thay would work out nicely. Wells of JMU can take it in the CAA and Landesberg can have it in the ACC. :D

Archived