ACC Thread

YardBirds13

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 3 he hit to send the game into OT was ridiculous.

I was watching gamecast and I was like, how did they let him make that?

Then I saw that there were like 3 guys in his face and he shot it from 25 feet.

It was unreal. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Felt like a tournament game. Very well played and intense.

Gotta give props to my Calvert Hall guys though. Very proud of him right now.

Any basketball fan has to love the ACC this year.. never know what will happen.. this ACC tourney will be amazing.

The league is so unpredictable. If this is a precursor to the tournament, get ready for an epic weekend of basketball in ATL.

So I thought I'd do a little round-up post for a big week of ACC Hoops, and this weekend (probably Sunday) do a "Mid-Season" look at the conference as a whole (although as a UVa fan, I'd love to start looking to next year).

Anyways, Lunardi came out with his latest bracket and 8 ACC teams are dancing as of now, with none even in the last 4 in. Miami, BC, and Virginia Tech are the closest to slipping out, but I'd say there is a pretty decent shot the ACC ends up with 8 teams. Can Maryland win some big games and become a 9th? Probably not, but they COULD win some of those big games and bump somebody out of the tournament.

Here is a look at the upcoming week in ACC Hoops:

Tuesday:

Virginia at Florida State- The Noles are back in the Top 25, and vs. UVA is the one game on the schedule that MUST be a win for any bubble team.

Clemson at BC- Huuuuuge games for BC, as they try to solidify their NCAA candidacy. Clemson winning on the road here keeps them in the running for a #2 seed.

Wednesday:

Wake at NC State- Another potential slip-up against an inferior team on the road. NC State has played better of late (really, besides UVA who hasn't?) but Wake needs to beat the bad teams to keep hopes of an ACC Title, which they have a great chance of thanks to already having beat Duke AND Carolina.

Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech- The Jackets have played better lately, but this is one the Hokies need to have. Beating the bottom teams at home is a must if you want to make the tournament.

Carolina at Duke-Awesome. For first place in the conference? Double awesome. For a number one seed? Triple awesome. I say it's a Classic Duke-Carolina match-up, with my man Dickie V going bananas in Cameron, and Mike Patrick doing his best to ruin the broadcast (I'll assume it's him and not Dan Shulman, I hope I'm wrong) but the Heels pulling off a victory.

Then, some more important games this weekend:

Saturday:

NC State at Georgia Tech- A rare matchup with no NCAA team.

Virginia Tech at Maryland- Both teams need it. Terps especially.

Florida State at Wake- If the Noles win in Winston-Salem, they can breathe easy on Selection Sunday.

Sunday:

Clemson at Virginia- I'm ready for baseball season.

Duke at BC/Carolina at Miami- Interesting that after the huge game Wednesday night, both teams make tough road trips to good teams. UNC routed Miami earlier this year in Chapel Hill, but the Canes have played well of late. FSU, BC, and Miami are all in similar situations over the weekend. If they can pick up a big win at home against one of the three top teams in the ACC, they can start booking their dance trips.

So I thought I'd do a little round-up post for a big week of ACC Hoops, and this weekend (probably Sunday) do a "Mid-Season" look at the conference as a whole (although as a UVa fan, I'd love to start looking to next year).

Anyways, Lunardi came out with his latest bracket and 8 ACC teams are dancing as of now, with none even in the last 4 in. Miami, BC, and Virginia Tech are the closest to slipping out, but I'd say there is a pretty decent shot the ACC ends up with 8 teams. Can Maryland win some big games and become a 9th? Probably not, but they COULD win some of those big games and bump somebody out of the tournament.

Here is a look at the upcoming week in ACC Hoops:

Tuesday:

Virginia at Florida State- The Noles are back in the Top 25, and vs. UVA is the one game on the schedule that MUST be a win for any bubble team.

Clemson at BC- Huuuuuge games for BC, as they try to solidify their NCAA candidacy. Clemson winning on the road here keeps them in the running for a #2 seed.

Wednesday:

Wake at NC State- Another potential slip-up against an inferior team on the road. NC State has played better of late (really, besides UVA who hasn't?) but Wake needs to beat the bad teams to keep hopes of an ACC Title, which they have a great chance of thanks to already having beat Duke AND Carolina.

Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech- The Jackets have played better lately, but this is one the Hokies need to have. Beating the bottom teams at home is a must if you want to make the tournament.

Carolina at Duke-Awesome. For first place in the conference? Double awesome. For a number one seed? Triple awesome. I say it's a Classic Duke-Carolina match-up, with my man Dickie V going bananas in Cameron, and Mike Patrick doing his best to ruin the broadcast (I'll assume it's him and not Dan Shulman, I hope I'm wrong) but the Heels pulling off a victory.

Then, some more important games this weekend:

Saturday:

NC State at Georgia Tech- A rare matchup with no NCAA team.

Virginia Tech at Maryland- Both teams need it. Terps especially.

Florida State at Wake- If the Noles win in Winston-Salem, they can breathe easy on Selection Sunday.

Sunday:

Clemson at Virginia- I'm ready for baseball season.

Duke at BC/Carolina at Miami- Interesting that after the huge game Wednesday night, both teams make tough road trips to good teams. UNC routed Miami earlier this year in Chapel Hill, but the Canes have played well of late. FSU, BC, and Miami are all in similar situations over the weekend. If they can pick up a big win at home against one of the three top teams in the ACC, they can start booking their dance trips.

Quadruple awesome.

Hansbrough is 3-0 in Cameron.

Sixtuple Awesome

The Heels are ranked higher than Duke again. And our Women beat theirs tonight.

I dunno what comes next in awesomeness, but my alma mater and my mid-major boys (James Madison) FINALLY beat George Mason this past weekend, and appear to FINALLY have the program going in the right direction under new coach Matt Brady (AND we did it without our leading scorer, who has missed the last 3 games with a heart condition).

We play at VCU Wednesday night in a huge game in the CAA. And yes, it is very sad that at this point in the college hoops season I'm far more interested in my CAA team than my ACC team.

I dunno what comes next in awesomeness, but my alma mater and my mid-major boys (James Madison) FINALLY beat George Mason this past weekend, and appear to FINALLY have the program going in the right direction under new coach Matt Brady (AND we did it without our leading scorer, who has missed the last 3 games with a heart condition).

We play at VCU Wednesday night in a huge game in the CAA. And yes, it is very sad that at this point in the college hoops season I'm far more interested in my CAA team than my ACC team.

I follow the CAA too, and I'm with you on JMU, it's cool to see them have a little success after the Dillard/Keener eras. I'm pulling for them, although I've been impressed with Northeastern and VCU this year as well.

Archived