Orioles get Pie for Olson and prospect

dsizzlevt

As a Cub fan, I am sad to see Felix leave. I would have loved for the Cubs to put him in CF, bat him 7th and let him play. They have enough offense to allow for a young guy. But unlike Soto, Pie never earned Lou's trust so there was no chance he would be given the opportunity to play everyday.

I hope Felix turns out to be the player we hoped he would be. If that is the case do you mind if we try to sign him as a free agent in a few years? :D

If he turns out to be good than that is a NO:no::P

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this trade. I think Olson is still going to be a valuable major league pitcher, more along the lines of a #4. I think he'll come into his own next year.

I love the idea of an outfield of Pie, Jones, and Markakis. All extremely athletic defenders with plus arms. This allows us to put Scott at DH and give Huff the majority of at bats at 1B with Salazar spelling Mora (often I hope) and Huff when necessary.

Very nice. Keep going MacPhail. You're on a roll, homeslice.

It apparent that the Orioles are stressing defense as a priority under AM and I like it. Its how the Rays were able to slay the Evil Empire last year. Now we need to take care of the pitching.

Having guys who can hit the ball also had a little something to do with it.

Having guys who can hit the ball also had a little something to do with it.

Can't argue with the phrase " a little something", but the Rays finished in the bottom half of the American League in scoring last year...behind a team we're all pretty familiar with called the Baltimore Orioles.

And so did the Angels, you know the AL West champs with 100 wins

I'm undecided on this trade. Pie feels redundant with Montanez and Reimold in the system and our need for pitching pretty much desperate right now. This move could be made better if AM adds to our pitching depth, but right now, I just don't see the positives. I hope I'm wrong.

Pie>= Montanez, Reimold in AVG, speed, Defense, Potential, Defense (purposely redundant)

<= M and R in power, OBP.

I like the depth

Easy trade...Olson's are a dime a dozen. Pie's, while not a sure thing, are what get people excited.

Did I mention DEFENSE!?

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Pie has played 122 games in the major leagues so far with NO ERRORS. In addition he has 11 steals in 12 attempts which is a 91% success rate. Izturis by the way had 24 steals in 30 attempts which is an 80 % succes rate. Pie and Izturis will add a lot of speed to our lineup. Adam Jones had 10 steals in 13 attempts which is a 77% success rate. BROB had 40 steals in 50 attempts which is also 80%. The Pie deal will be a success and he will surprise a lot of people. He also is a very good bunter and with his speed can beat out some hits.

Archived