USA Today Panel picks Orioles last in AL East

Tony-OH

11 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I would tend to agree with this, but this will be his last mulligan. 

As in, another instance and you'd want him gone? Elias and the FO are building a foundation that will enable them to be a team I haven't witnessed in my lifetime - a consistent competitive team. I have 100% confidence in the process of the FO. Will every decision pan out? Of course not. But has the FO helped the organization more than any other FO in my lifetime? Without a doubt. My much greater concern is that Elias, Sig, et al leave because another organization realizes how valuable they are.

13 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

My biggest concern right now (besides ownership) is the bullpen and seeing if they end up losing winnable games this year.

Agreed.  I feel like the Givens move was a token effort to add a bullpen piece, same with Colombo (or however it's spelled).  

Now, Elias has done well at scrap-heap bullpen moves and having those guys turn out good, Cionel Perez immediately comes to mind.  It's also hard to plan for the bullpen regression, which guys are going to maintain their performance and which guys will backtrack....that's hard to figure out.  

But yeah, I feel like last year's bullpen performed above their heads and I'm not so sure about how this year's will do.