Have The O's Reached Out To Angel Reese To Throw Out The First Pitch For The Home Opener?

ORIOLE33

15 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

So the Governor, who was here for 8 years and went through and beat cancer didn’t throw out the first pitch but the new Gov is?

Gee, I wonder why?

I don't want to get into politics obviously, but we all know why. John Angelos is well ingrained in the politics of this state and has been trying to ingrain the Orioles in them more and more. All the more reason to root for this family to sell this team (Not because of what side of the aisle they are in, but because he is trying to make the Orioles political at all).

1st pitch (Now that the Presidents don't any longer throw out the 1st pitch here) should be local heroes or ex-Orioles legends, not a political newbie because he's buds with the owner. I'm only surprised Angelos didn't pick himself to throw out the first ball.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Let Angel Reese be honored at an LSU football game or something. We didn’t let Nate James throw out the first pitch after he won a ring with Duke basketball. This is just bizarre. Haha. After the first pitch of the season, which should always be Cal, Brooks, or Eddie, then who cares?

Jim Palmer's feelings are hurt by this post.

21 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Given that he appeared on the field and attended multiple Orioles games, I would be extremely surprised if they didn't, but I have no idea.

There is minimal upside to throwing out the first pitch as a politician, especially one that has ambitions beyond their current office. If you make a good throw you are still going to get booed by some people and if you make a bad throw, it will turn into a GIF that will follow you around. Remember Obama throwing out the first pitch?

Bush's post- 9/11 first pitch is probably the only first pitch that was a net-positive for the politician in question.

Do politicians do complex political calculations of whether to throw out a first pitch?  I doubt it.   They either think it’ll be fun, or they don’t.   I don’t remember going into a voting booth thinking about whether either of the candidates had thrown a first pitch, and/or how well they threw it.  

As to Gov. Moore, he also made a trip to Sarasota this spring and threw out the first pitch at a game I attended.   

20 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Let Angel Reese be honored at an LSU football game or something. We didn’t let Nate James throw out the first pitch after he won a ring with Duke basketball. This is just bizarre. Haha. After the first pitch of the season, which should always be Cal, Brooks, or Eddie, then who cares?

But we let this guy a NC star to throw out the first pitch  because of a connection to Jimmy's Seafood. Opening Day is obviously the biggest one and as the year goes on they run out of people  

WATCH: UNC's Armando Bacot Throws Out First Pitch For Orioles vs. Rays
https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/UNCs-Armando-Bacot-Throws-Out-First-Pitch-For-Baltimore-Orioles-vs-Rays-Camden-Yards-187769382/

Edited by Going Underground

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Do politicians do complex political calculations of whether to throw out a first pitch?  I doubt it.   They either think it’ll be fun, or they don’t.   I don’t remember going into a voting booth thinking about whether either of the candidates had thrown a first pitch, and/or how well they threw it.  

As to Gov. Moore, he also made a trip to Sarasota this spring and threw out the first pitch at a game I attended.   

That is only because you were in Sarasota.

Heard you were singing " in the midnight hour give me Moore,Moore, Moore".

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/6/2023 at 6:37 AM, Frobby said:

Love it. I was there too! Love Wes Moore!

• Downvote 1