Apr 10th: Monday Evening, vs A's

FlaO'sFan

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He got Akin up about midway through the bottom of the 8th but chose not to use him.  Guessing he wanted a 5 run lead.

Bautista had warmed up and gotten ready, I don't have a problem with it.

Yeah, the more I think about it, Bautista hadn't pitched since Friday so he needed some work. 

Just now, waroriole said:

Yeah that’s true but we forgot that Hyde got tossed. Not sure if he was still making that call. 

Do managers actually let anyone else make the calls?  I always thought they hide in the dugout hallway and call orders to the team from there.  

Just now, justD said:

It was just beautiful watching Bautista pitch that inning.  Live seeing someone hit their spots, and 102 is kinda cool too. 

What amazes me more than the 102 is the offspeed pitch he throws.   The downward action on it is amazing.  As a closer he can do great with just those two pitches.

10 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Bautista and the Orioles hit a lottery ticket with this guy.  The amount of guys his age who had a long career of not hitting the strike zone just "finding" it at age  28 is pretty damn rare.   Its a credit to Bautista and the Orioles to stick with it.  

It's about time the Orioles lucked into a (dare I say) borderline elite player who came out of nowhere. It's great to get Adley, Grayson, etc., but I've always liked ballplayers who weren't considered serious prospects make it big.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

For as good as Urias has been it still feels like he's underrated as a baseball player.

No doubt about that, he’s averaging 4.3 WAR per 162 for his career.  He reminds me of Miguel Gonzalez.  Both are undersized guys who came out of the Mexican league without much fanfare.  Hopefully he continues to have success 

• Upvote 1

Quick thoughts from last night:

Solid and vocal crowd last night.

Everything Hays hit was a bullet.  Mountcastle and (of course) Adley had some good PAs too.  

Gibson started rough but shifted to cruise control early.  Glad he was able to work into the 6th.

The A's are terrible...  Only Laureano looked competent.

Umps had an off night.  Replay at the stadium looked like both challenged plays should have been overturned.  Then the Boo Birds came out and I think led to the umps short fuse with Mullins...  

Thought of @Tony-OHwhen they did the trivia interview with a kid.  They asked him who his favorite Oriole players was and he said "It used to be Kyle Stowers until they sent him down... Now it's Adley."  

• Haha 2