Cade Povich 2023

Getz

34 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I enter next year expecting very little from Povich in terms of being a help at the ML level while also acknowledging that a few tweaks in his game could mean he’s a big part of the rotation in the second half of the year.

Thats a long winded way of saying, I have zero idea what to expect from this guy. He’s an enigma to me.

He and McDermott both for me.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He and McDermott both for me.

Yea..I feel a little bit better about saying i think McDermott contributes somewhere on the ML team next year but where that somewhere is or when, I have zero idea.

One thing I do believe is that you don’t enter 2024 with them in your mind as real contributors..in other words, you make moves without even considering them. If they force their way on, that’s fine but I’m not sitting back and doing nothing or remaining status quo because they are there to back things up.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea..I feel a little bit better about saying i think McDermott contributes somewhere on the ML team next year but where that somewhere is or when, I have zero idea.

One thing I do believe is that you don’t enter 2024 with them in your mind as real contributors..in other words, you make moves without even considering them. If they force their way on, that’s fine but I’m not sitting back and doing nothing or remaining status quo because they are there to back things up.

Agreed.

For both, the K numbers are great but the lack of consistency / command is concerning. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Agreed.

For both, the K numbers are great but the lack of consistency / command is concerning. 

Agreed, though Bradish's command and control was pretty similar in the minors.  Plus Povich is a lefty and there is a long history of them taking longer to develop.