Friday June 9: vs Royals (Apply TV game)

Tony-OH

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Come on guys, that was a FB bounced 3 feet in front of the plate. I'd like to see any of you block that!

Thanks for typing the DUMBEST DAMN THING I've seen in a game thread. 

We're not a major league catcher. Who gives a rat's ass if WE COUDLL DO IT, Adley should have. Stop being an absolute ridiculous fan boy.

That kind of shit pisses me off.

• Like 1

Just now, Dibbs31 said:

He got lazy on a fastball in the dirt. It happens but he's not free from some type of critique

It was a 97 MPH fastball that hit the dirt at 55 feet from the mound. Jabba the Hutt would have had trouble blocking it 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

We're not a major league catcher. Who gives a rat's ass if WE COUDLL DO IT, Adley should have. Stop being an absolute ridiculous fan boy.

Tough crowd tonight 

The same people kissing Adley's ass right now would have been up in arms if Severino backhanded a fastball in the middle of the plate and it got away.

I can guarantee Adley will ell you he misplayed that ball. Amazing how some fans will make excuses for their favorite players vs just calling it like it is.

I've scouted every level of baseball and I can tell you if I see that, I'm writing up "blocking issues, doesn't use good technique at times". 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This was not a quick hook. Wells crapped his pants. He needed to get pulled. the tie run is on 2nd now and he allowed three straight batters to get on.

Agree it wasn’t. That was my point.  I have been saying he is a little too quick with the hook. Here he tried to let him work out of it and Wells didn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Just now, Tony-OH said:

The same people kissing Adley's ass right now would have been up in arms if Severino backhanded a fastball in the middle of the plate and it got away.

I can guarantee Adley will ell you he misplayed that ball. Amazing how some fans will make excuses for their favorite players vs just calling it like it is.

I've scouted every level of baseball and I can tell you if I see that, I'm writing up "blocking issues, doesn't use good technique at times". 

Then consider me one who pisses you off. It was not the type of pitch that was a no doubt block candidate. At the very least criticize Baumann for throwing a 55 foot 97 MPH fastball