Tuesday, June 20: First of 2 big games in Tropicana Dome

SteveA

Just now, Malike said:

This is simply not true. Go back and look at my post history in the game threads. Just because I happened to quote you and hurt your widdle feewings, now I'm the bad guy of every game thread. It's nonsense. We're up 8-6 against the best team by far in the league, we have one of the top records in baseball and the amount of self-loathing is absurd, I don't understand why people can't just enjoy this excellent team.

I'm not as cool as you, I'm not in here every game, just going off what I see tonight. You have to expect that people will be a bit on edge when we are up 7-0 and it looks like we are on our way to a rare laugher, against the Rays no less, and then we end up in a bit of a nail biter and blowing through 5 relievers. My feelings aren't hurt at all, but when you act like a douche I don't mind letting you know you're being a douche.

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

The issue is the "Chicken Little" tendency of the game thread. You know, the ones who declare the game as being OVER by the 5th inning

I sat through those 50-win years with the hope that it'll be fun when the plan starts working and we start winning, but the vibe here is just as downer and pessimistic as it was then, even though we have one of the best records in baseball.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

That certainly has me questioning myself on how many more game threads I want to participate in. Apparently they were originally created for people to vent and rant based on what was said in the main forum. I haven't been here long so I don't know. Didn't know places like the OH existed until recently.

I've been at least lurking here for 20+ years and I don't think it was really like that back in the day, like during the Manny years or even before that. It's especially bad this year. There are a lot of posters now I don't recognize from before though.