Tuesday, June 27: Orioles vs Reds, again with some wet weather possible

SteveA

Following the game thru Gameday, I saw this self-contradicting description of O'Hearn's out on the base paths in the 9th inning and got confused. Can someone tell me what happened? Thanks.

"Caught Stealing 2B.

Ryan O'Hearn advances to 2nd base on a caught stealing error by pitcher Alexis Diaz."

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Frazier with the clutch walk. 

Exactly what he can be good at. A non-strikeout, solid at bat against righties, work the count type of guy off the bench in a pinch hit opportunity late. Hopefully thats his role now moving forward. 

12 hours ago, LA2 said:

Following the game thru Gameday, I saw this self-contradicting description of O'Hearn's out on the base paths in the 9th inning and got confused. Can someone tell me what happened? Thanks.

"Caught Stealing 2B.

Ryan O'Hearn advances to 2nd base on a caught stealing error by pitcher Alexis Diaz."

That's likely the first time O'Hearn has advanced under indifference too.  As an old coach I thought the play was dead anyway.  Saunders also bears some responsibility for wandering down the line when the play is live.  That's also  3-4 blunder/poor play base coaches have been involved in this week and that is crappy coaching.