Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Also, our Bad Manager had Mullins bunt with men on 1st and 2nd and nobody out precisely…two games ago, on Sunday in Detroit. Fouled off the first two, then flied out rather meekly to center field (advancing the runners anyway on nice tag-ups by Soto and Henderson). But then Santander popped up and Kjerstad hit a weak tapper back to the pitcher, so we went empty. Gave up an out with one of our hottest hitters — just to set up two dudes who couldn’t come through. I didn’t see Hyde getting too much praise as a Good Manager for doing that on Sunday. If he’d gone right back to the same strategy that failed a couple days ago in the exact same situation, then we’d be telling him “job well done” this time? Only if it worked, I’d wager…
    • Different era obviously, but Rochester AAA manager Earl Weaver replaced O's skipper Hank Bauer in '68, just a year and a half after Bauer won the World Series. 
    • A good manager would have instructed him to bunt Well not for nothing, but I would like 100 dollars for every time a Good Manager did not bunt with first and second with nobody out. Now if the SF pitcher was LH, I would be onboard. If they were down by 1, maybe. Why would you not let Mullins hit there?
    • Putting aside the issue of “not counting” stats that don’t fit the argument, I’m curious who he would have had hit there. What were the other options? Eloy Jimenez (1 for his last 23) Coby Mayo (3 for 37 with 21 Ks as a pro) Jackson Holliday (0 for last 22 vs LHPs  with 12 Ks) Livan Soto (~.600 career AAA OPS vs LHPs)   Not saying Slater was some slam dunk pick, but I honestly don’t really even understand how folks can criticize Hyde for those types of decisions anymore. Every lever he has available to pull is clearly marked *WRONG* in flashing red lights. 
    • Is it really the injuries?  
    • People born in 1984 are 40 now and have never seen the O’s get past the ALCS
    • Really tired of the losing, but even more tired of the team not playing the game the right way. Giants losing by a run get men on 1st and 2nd no outs, and their next guy lays down a nice bunt. Kremer slips fielding the roller and next thing you know they got bases loaded no outs, and a couple minutes later three runs have crossed the plate. We have the same situation in the 7th inning and our best bunt guy up to bat, and what does Hyde do? He has Mullins (0-3 at that point w/o hitting the ball out of the infield) swing away. WTF. Mullins strikes out, and our runners are eventually stranded.    At the very least Mullins should shown bunt. He didn’t. A good manager would have instructed him to bunt. Hyde didn’t. His team lost the game, and more importantly his team deserved to lose. That’s what really pisses me off. 
  • Popular Contributors