The Camden Yards Lease

BraveOriole

3 minutes ago, BraveOriole said:

What’s the story on that? We haven’t heard anything in months. It runs out after this season so I assume they need to get that done. 

It will get done.

No way John isn't taking the 600M.

My guess is he is trying to get as little oversight on the spending as he can.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Was that before or after he opens the books?

It is a gift. I love gifts and he is so kind 

I would love to have that as an All-Star Break gift for everybody in the community," Angelos said. "We are going to get that done. That's always been one of the things I have been most committed to, and I have no intention of not seeing that happen. I know the governor and his folks are just as keen on that as I am."   

Levy Restaurants is the current concessionaire (in a joint venture arrangement with the Orioles called "Brick & Whistle Food Co.") and they began a five-year deal in January.  By virtue of that arrangement, the O's have ponied up millions in behind-the-scenes (long overdue) food service facilities and equipment  upgrades.  The O's aren't going away, guys.

I'm guessing we will hear about a 30-year lease agreement before Labor Day...

13 hours ago, Going Underground said:

John Angelos said in February after they didn't sign the extension that he thought they would probably sign the new lease during the All Star break.

John doesn’t have a great track record of delivering on his self-proclaimed timelines but I expect it to happen at some point this year.  The state is promising the O’s more money to keep them than Nevada is to attract the A’s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownoriole said:

John doesn’t have a great track record of delivering on his self-proclaimed timelines but I expect it to happen at some point this year.  The state is promising the O’s more money to keep them than Nevada is to attract the A’s.

Agreed that they are not going anywhere and not selling the team for a good long time. The thing is the quicker they sign the lease, the quicker they can get financing and start improvements