Saturday, July 8: Orioles at Twins

SteveA

56 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Gausman has been lights out fantastic in about 80% of his starts, but it seems when he has a bad one, he has a REALLY bad one this year.   It's been all or nothing for him this year.

Go Tigers!

Toronto has passed the Yankees and is now the closest team to us.   They and the Astros are 4 games back of us as we have the #1 wild card at the moment, Toronto and Houston have #2 and #3, and the Yankees are on the outside looking in.

One of my favorite places to find the NYYs and theur fans.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Agree with most everything thats been said, but he needs to get going because when Mateo comes back its either Norby or Stowers back to Norfolk. By the look on his face last night he even thought it was bad luck or execution on that bunt attempt.
    • Thanks for your clarification. Yes if Orioles lose Bradish for the  year , that would be a massive blow to team .  He would be difficult to replace . Nonetheless, Elias & staff  need  plan for trade for pitching reinforcements up to the deadline 
    • That would finish his contract at what 33 years old. Interesting.
    • Another big night, going 3 for 4 with a HR and a double. That brings the wRC+ up to a cool 165 since the beginning of May.
    • Today in his first plate appearance he walked. The line drive he hit in his second plate appearance had an XBA of .660 and the line drive he hit in his third plate appearance had an XBA of .790. I don’t know whether he’ll get out of the current slump, but that’s terrible luck. I still think Mullins can be a valuable player. He’s had an XBA over .500 on a few other balls in games he has played recently that have been caught. They are already limiting his playing time. While Cowser can play CF, the idea that Hays can play CF has no real basis. His already poor jumps have gotten worse this year. His sprint speed is down to 26.9 ft/s. I’m fact, Santander currently covers more feet in the outfield because of his superior jumps. I get that he hit 2 home runs yesterday, so some people are back in on Hays, but playing him in CF is a terrible idea.
    • Oh, no.Perhaps I wasn't clear. Suarez has been solid and an "adequate " starter. I was just saying he cant be the dominant , elite pitcher Bradish is, as good as Suarez has been. I think if we lose Bradish it's going to be a struggle to win against the best teams..But Suarez belongs in the rotation for as long as he pitches well, and he HAS pitched well.
    • Roy , are you saying that if Suarez continues to be “adequate “ , they should take him out of the rotation ? what does Suarez has to do with Bradish ?   Please elaborate 
  • Popular Contributors