Saturday, July 8: Orioles at Twins

SteveA

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Yeah, the defense worries me a lot more than the offensive slump.

Not only hasn't he been the exceptional defensive player we have hoped for, but I would say he has been below average in many respects.   (Not talking game calling or framing because I don't feel qualified enough to judge there).   But throwing and preventing wild pitches and passed balls, he has not been very good at all.

He has not been great this year. Seems to be concerned with pop time on his throws. 

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yeah, the defense worries me a lot more than the offensive slump.

Not only hasn't he been the exceptional defensive player we have hoped for, but I would say he has been below average in many respects.   (Not talking game calling or framing because I don't feel qualified enough to judge there).   But throwing and preventing wild pitches and passed balls, he has not been very good at all.

He was great at preventing passed balls and reducing wild pitches last year.  I hate to say it, but is something wrong w/ Adley or is playing a full season just wearing on him?  I think he had extra adrenaline from finally making the majors last year.  He seems much less mobile behind the plate than last year.

3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Tigers jumping all over Kevin Gausman. 2-0 with one out in the first.

Gausman has been lights out fantastic in about 80% of his starts, but it seems when he has a bad one, he has a REALLY bad one this year.   It's been all or nothing for him this year.

Go Tigers!

Toronto has passed the Yankees and is now the closest team to us.   They and the Astros are 4 games back of us as we have the #1 wild card at the moment, Toronto and Houston have #2 and #3, and the Yankees are on the outside looking in.