Tuesday, July 18: Orioles try to even series with Dodgers

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

It's a tough call.  He's hitting better than Westburg, Mateo, and Urias.  And this team needs offense. 

His OPS is .007 higher than Urias and that's coming off a heater. I think it's a stretch to say he is hitting better than Urias unless you mean a recent small sample. Urias is hitting a respectable .776 in July. I'd rather see Urias 3B/Westburg 2B than Frazier 2B/Westburg 3B which is way worse defensively and at best a wash offensively.

• Upvote 2

I spot a weakness in the Dodgers. If we can get a hit into the outfield where they can't catch it, their outfielders do a poor job of cutting it off or getting it back in in a timely manner. They bobble it and don't seem to have any urgency. We can run the bases aggressively on hits like Adley and Hicks had.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I have to say, that I don't really care for Cole Irvin as a starter. But he may actually be good for the long role. The role that Voth was supposed to have this year. We need someone like that, who can save the bullpen on days when the starter doesn't go long.

He’s fine as a starter if he has his normal control, that he has had his whole career. He didn’t have it early on this year but when he has it, he is perfectly fine as a back end starter.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s fine as a starter if he has his normal control, that he has had his whole career. He didn’t have it early on this year but when he has it, he is perfectly fine as a back end starter.

Net year, I would rather have Kremer and Grayson as our back end starters than Irvin. That is if we stay with Bradish, Wells, and I guess Means?