Os acquiring Fujinami for Easton Lucas

Sports Guy

5 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

So he’s 26 at AAA …in 4 seasons in the minors he has a 1.19 WHIP…193 Ks in 159 IP. He’s walked 57 over that period. It’s a good move but the guy has a shot to be a solid bullpen arm.

Goodness they can’t be worried about every single player they might move. That’s cowardice.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

Goodness they can’t be worried about every single player they might move. That’s cowardice.

The post I was responding to said he wasn’t a prospect. I was just pointing out that I thought he was selling the player short. I’m fine with the move and won’t be upset no matter how this turns out. Lucas could end up being a solid middle reliever based on his MILB numbers. That’s all I’m saying.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We needed a fresh arm just to get us to the deadline. High upside arm. Seems like he’s putting it together in the USA. I’m assuming he has options and that we could offer him Arb next year?  Anyway, seems like a good bridge arm to the deadline and to go to TB with. He could be more though. 

I believe he’s a free agent 

8 hours ago, dtk9119 said:

So does he start and stay at Norfolk for now or does he get added to the 26 man and if so who goes? Gillaspie I would assume?

Lester was designated to clear a spot….he’s not getting picked up to pitch at AAA

The Orioles added an upside play to their bullpen, acquiring Shintaro Fujinami from the A’s. Minor league reliever Easton Lucas is going back to Oakland in a one-for-one swap. Baltimore designated infielder Josh Lester for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot.

7 hours ago, yark14 said:

lol, you guys are relentless.  Again, my sarcasm wasn't taken.  I'll work on writing details and context on all my thoughts and opinions.

I don't think this is a bad trade at all.  Easton Lucas could end up being a decent pitcher in the majors, he could also flame out.  Nobody doubts that Fujinama has incredible stuff.  Yes he has been awesome lately, but he also was very bad early in the season.  There is always the possibility that he regresses to the pitcher he was in April+May.

With that said, our bullpen really needs an upgrade and I don't blame Elias for taking a chance on Fujinama.  I hope it works out.  He will be very fun to watch with that stuff.

There use to be a emoji that rolled his eyes …. Just use an emoji after the sentence.

Like …I think we will have Othani by next weekend 🤣

Please, please, please read at least a page or two before posting. I don't know how many times folks have asked if he is an FA at the end of the year (He is) or talk about arbitration. It has been answered at least a half dozen times probably more. You don't have to read the entire thread but this is brutal. 

Sorry for the rant!🤐

Edited by MCO'sFan
  • Thanks 1

The high ERA also for me has some Jorge Lopez third time through the order to it.

Fujinami was so bad as a SP it was more like 1st or 2nd time, but I remember from the offseason seeing reports speculating that some of why he chose OAK as a free agent was they out-opportunity'd the other Clubs and could offer a SP role.     

I believe most Clubs looked at the stuff and pegged him for relief, but like Jorge Lopez or DL Hall, most guys who trained most of their lives to do it want to start as long as they can.

9 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Fuji takes a lot pressure off of Cano, Baker, and Baumann. He’s a lot cheaper than what Jordan Hicks would’ve been and maybe better. 

Also, I think he’s a guy trying to find who he is in the U.S.  With us, he has a defined role as a 7th inning guy. Oakland was moving him all around. Now he can focus on 1-3 of his pitches and not 7. 

Bautista, Cano, Fuji, Baker, Baumann

Columbe, Perez, Vespi, Irvin

Looking at that… we might need a vet lefty at the deadline. Perez has struggled. Vespi could be that guy. Maybe a LOOGY type to face the Freddie Freeman’s of the world. Darwinzon Hernandez???

With the rules have having to end an inning or face 3 batters, LOOGY is really a thing of the past. Unless there’s already 2 outs or a couple of LHH in a row, that maneuver doesn’t work anymore. 

5 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Lucas family.

Why …you don’t think they will like Las Vegas? In a few years the Small market Oakland As will become the large market Las Vegas A’s. 

Edited by Roll Tide