Would You Send Cowser Down for Ortiz?

baltfan

17 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I haven't seen this, but did anyone else think that Mckenna got a bad read/jump on that bloop hit from George Springer.  Unless Mckenna was playing really deep.  It just seemed to hang in the air awhile.  

I think he simply misplayed it. He was there in plenty of time... hesitated.. and just let it drop in front of him

30 minutes ago, owknows said:

I think he simply misplayed it. He was there in plenty of time... hesitated.. and just let it drop in front of him

He got a horrible jump. The shot behind the batter showed him freezing off of the bat.  Definitely catcheable. 

15 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Interesting to not see Cowser in the starting lineup today vs the right hander.  Are we to read something into this lineup decision?

Might be because Gausman has reverse splits this year. In 21 starts 620 OPS vs RH, 714 OPS vs LH

I like Joey Ortiz but the Jowy Ortiz love is a bit much. Now we’re even talking about Cowser for him?  I’d say that I like Ortiz enough that I don’t want to do a 1:1 swap with Mateo and have Ortiz back to only getting 10 ABs a week. I want him playing everyday somewhere. 

Mullins and Hicks will be back. Cowser and McKenna likely go for them. So on 9/1 it becomes Cowser or Ortiz for our extra position player.