Friday, August 4: Buck and the Mets come to town

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Losing to this team without two their  Aces is ridiculous...but again, we play DOWN to mediocre or lousy teams...we'll lose the lead now...

Which is why the Orioles are 21-7 vs teams under .500. Best winning percentage in the sport. 😄

Just now, O's84 said:

You put yourself in that situation by walking guys.  After his control is gone the odds have making good pitches is very low.  Even if it was a good pitch, it's not a smart move and you're going against the percentages.  

Yeah I almost certainly would have pulled him after the third walk but I have a feeling those runs score either way.

1 minute ago, schittenden said:

I’m pretty sure you need a pitcher to replace the guy you pull. I don’t think anyone was warming after the fifth with Kremer cruising. He walked the first guy. Maybe you get someone up. By the time someone is ready, you’re pretty much in the soup. Also, two of those pitches to Alvarez were pretty damn close to the bottom of the zone. They weren’t wild. The other two were. 

Correct. You don’t get some one up right away. It’s August not October. 

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

We have seen this with every pitcher on this team .. starter sailing along then it seems they suddenly lose complete control of the strike zone 

We have seen this with the offense... sleep-walking with a lead, no add-on runs.