Friday, August 4: Buck and the Mets come to town

SteveA

Last season I was right up front by the Orioles on deck circle and Gunnar hit a chopper he didn't run out because he was frustrated. Alot of people were disappointed in the play, but we didn't make a big fuss or yell out about him not hustling.

But the next time Gunnar was on near the on deck circle, Rougie hat hit another chopper and he beat the throw. Everyone was excited and they yelled out in praise and cheers of "Good hustle Rougie! Way to go!!!"

Gunnar seemed to take note of the loude praise Rougie was getting for beating the throw. He seemed to really internationalize it when I was watching him in that moment. 

Ever since then, Gunnar has been hustling down the line hard and he hasn't stopped. He's been relentless.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Last season I was right up front by the Orioles on deck circle and Gunnar hit a chopper he didn't run out because he was frustrated. Alot of people were disappointed in the play, but we didn't make a big fuss or yell out about him not hustling.

But the next time Gunnar was on near the on deck circle, Rougie hat hit another chopper and he beat the throw. Everyone was excited and they yelled out in praise and cheers of "Good hustle Rougie! Way to go!!!"

Gunnar seemed to take note of the loude praise Rougie was getting for beating the throw. He seemed to really internationalize it when I was watching him in that moment. 

Ever since then, Gunnar has been hustling down the line hard and he hasn't stopped. He's been relentless.

This was in the Blue Jays series right after Gunnar had just been called up.