Last night's MASN broadcast was downright embarrassing

interloper

4 hours ago, dystopia said:

Also, can someone give me some background on La Canfora. I’d never heard of him before the O’s hired him. What did he do to draw the ire of everyone? 

He thinks the Ravens have terrible ownership that is cheap, and the Orioles have amazing ownership who does everything right. He spends 4 hours a day screaming (literally) this on the radio. He billed himself as the "Highlandtown Kid" (neighborhood in the city) from Baltimore, only to be found out that switched to a Red Sox fan when the O's sucked in the early/mid 2000's. (then tried to crawl back to O's thinking no one would find his past)  I could go into much, much more, but I think those few things explain it enough. He is hated almost universally in this city. 

4 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

He thinks the Ravens have terrible ownership that is cheap, and the Orioles have amazing ownership who does everything right. He spends 4 hours a day screaming (literally) this on the radio. He billed himself as the "Highlandtown Kid" (neighborhood in the city) from Baltimore, only to be found out that switched to a Red Sox fan when the O's sucked in the early/mid 2000's. (then tried to crawl back to O's thinking no one would find his past)  I could go into much, much more, but I think those few things explain it enough. He is hated almost universally in this city. 

Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

By the way, if anyone needs another MASN break tonight, the game is on the MLB Network.

Well, only for people who aren't in the Orioles or Astros geographical footprint.   

For those of us in Maryland, VA, NC, DC, Delaware, part of PA, part of WV, and Texas... the game will be blacked out on MLBN just like it was on TBS last night.

4 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

By the way, if anyone needs another MASN break tonight, the game is on the MLB Network.

Will it be blacked out in the Orioles local market or they'll show an alternate game instead? I switched over to TBS last night once Jason LaCanfora made an appearance only to find out the TBS broadcast was blacked out.

4 hours ago, dystopia said:

Also, can someone give me some background on La Canfora. I’d never heard of him before the O’s hired him. What did he do to draw the ire of everyone? 

As someone who used to keep up with the Redskins, I've heard for years about alot of people complaining about him and hating him. I don't keep up with him closely enough to have a personal opinion myself, or to understand why he is so hated in the sports media space, but I know how to read a room... And hiring JLC was a bad business decision. Fans just don't like him. Especially not anywhere within 150 square miles of DMV. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Will it be blacked out in the Orioles local market or they'll show an alternate game instead? I switched over to TBS last night once Jason LaCanfora made an appearance only to find out the TBS broadcast was blacked out.

Okay, the blackout thing is just lame.

I didn't watch the TBS broadcast, just told my mother in law about it (she lives out of state, and not in-market to either team). But I should have been able to if I felt like it. 

24 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

As someone who used to keep up with the Redskins, I've heard for years about alot of people complaining about him and hating him. I don't keep up with him closely enough to have a personal opinion myself, or to understand why he is so hated in the sports media space, but I know how to read a room... And hiring JLC was a bad business decision. Fans just don't like him. Especially not anywhere within 150 square miles of DMV. 

Sounds like he's a JA yes-man, which is what I figured. 

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Well, only for people who aren't in the Orioles or Astros geographical footprint.   

For those of us in Maryland, VA, NC, DC, Delaware, part of PA, part of WV, and Texas... the game will be blacked out on MLBN just like it was on TBS last night.

Blacked out here in Texas.  I guess 2,000 miles away from the game is considered local.

1 hour ago, Ripken said:

Man, if you thought last night's was bad, you must really hate tonight's burning trash dumpster.

From the ridiculous to the subli--(switches to radio feed)

So uncanny how the on-field product echoes said dumpster fire in the broadcast booth. Just can't hack success, gotta inject a little drama, act out, just because... petty, petulant.

Having just watched the excellent series "Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty"--man, talk about drama.  Most of it self-created, out of ego and its deficiencies. And of course fate (injuries to coach and star) conspires to compound the challenges.

So to create drama out of nothing, for no reason? And see what happens...

Well, heck, the Lakers did get their dynasty, despite it all. At least the owner was all in.

Edited by now
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

You are in Astros territory, so you are supposed to watch it on whatever Houston's network is.

Let’s not forget that the great state of Texas has multiple teams. I’m in the DFW area (Rangers territory) but it was blacked out here too on MLB network.  My local TV provider (AT&T U-verse) carries Astros games on an alternate sports channel here most of the time.

Side note - I really enjoy the Astros TV crew, Kalas and Blum. They do a really good job.  Except for the very occasional off day, those two man the booth for nearly all of Houston’s games…instead of doing the announcer shuffle.  The Os/MASN should take note.