Wednesday, August 9: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss to Astros

SteveA

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

We had an opportunity to make the necessary improvements and decided to pass that up, especially with the bullpen.

That is the biggest (gapping) hole in our team and the difference between those other teams and ours. It has been clear as day for any/all to see, yet the thought was Fujinama is all we need. I didn’t get it then and don’t get it now?

We're 2-6 against Atlanta, LA, and Houston. After tomorrow we'll be 2-7 or 3-6. Adding a seventh-inning reliever is not flipping two or three games our way. We need experience and roster-wide talent upgrades that aren't available at the trade deadline.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

He’s not the BP addition. The BP additions are Wells, Hall, Means (or another starter going to the pen), and maybe McDermott or Povich

But those are a lot of questions.  Do we know if Hall is going to harness his control? Do we know if Wells health issues are going to be okay? We don't know what Means will be like? McDermott or Povich (I don't expect both) could work but we need more depth.  I'm just saying we get a bullpen arm at the deadline and those guys are luxuries.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, O's84 said:

But those are a lot of questions.  Do we know if Hall is going to harness his control? Do we know if Wells health issues are going to be okay? We don't know what Means will be like? McDermott or Povich (I don't expect both) could work but we need more depth.  I'm just saying we get a bullpen arm at the deadline and those guys are luxuries.

McDermott might be the guy 

Just now, O's84 said:

Well John was talking before the season that the team had over performed and now was not the time to spend.  He said we could spend but not now.  

I think Elias thought we had over performed.  John is to stupid to know what that means.  I think Elias didnt think it was ready to go all in.  

And Elias said we will be a draft and develop team.   I dont think he believes in trying to get an mega star at the trade deadline that will cost lots of prospects.  

They are very deliberate and are not flinching from their plan.  Winning this year would be gravy but they are not going to risk their prospect horde to do it.