Sunday 8/13/23 Game 3 @ Seattle

Goober Noodles

12 minutes ago, Number5 said:

McCann:  "Throw strikes."

Fuji:  "OK."

That's about it in a simplified version.

McCann said in his post game interview,  that his just told Fujinami that he had great stuff and not to worry. He reassured Fuji that these batters would have a difficult time handling his stuff. 

27 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I've criticized Melanie Newman a lot in these game threads, but since I didn't have MLB.TV hadn't seen any of her post-game interviews and wrap-ups. I'm watching today's now and she's very good at it. Almost diametric opposite of her PBP--relaxed, well-spoken, good rhetorical flourishes.

I wonder why it's so different for her--because she's better speaking to the camera (knowing that she has everyone's attention)? Or because not flanked sometimes by other announcers who know more about baseball than she does?

In any case, it gives me hope that her play-by-play can improve.

She knows a lot about baseball, but her style is more story-conversational. Play by play requires a certain amount of directness and crispness. For me, I prefer her play by play on tv to radio. On radio you really need to be on the action with description. TV allows for more license 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, seak05 said:

She knows a lot about baseball, but her style is more story-conversational. Play by play requires a certain amount of directness and crispness. For me, I prefer her play by play on tv to radio. On radio you really need to be on the action with description. TV allows for more license 

All good points--thanks. (I'm out of rep pts. to give today.)