Thursday, September 14: the Showdown with the Rays for the AL East begins... 7:15 pm on Fox TV

SteveA

Just now, Say O! said:

Civale’s stuff tonight seems so much better than I recall when he was pitching for CLE. FB a tick or two better, off speed and cutter way sharper.  I was thinking their trade was more necessity to get average-ish starter given their injuries, but pitching like this Civale is an asset for them going forward. 

TB is so, so good at bringing out the best in the pitchers they acquire. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How often does a game go by in which the fans in the game thread don't complain about the ump?

My question wasn't about the online game thead. Fans in the stands are booing the umpire and just overall discontent with him.

I didn't know if it was fans being bias fans, or if he was really that bad.

Just now, Emory Eagle said:

If you throw a 2 seamer right to the catchers glove inside to a lefty, it’s a strike even if it’s off the plate.  But if you throw a pitch over the plate but away from the catchers mitt and the catcher catches it awkwardly with a motion that takes the glove out of the zone, it’s a ball.

Its things like this that scream robo umps now!!!