Thursday, September 14: the Showdown with the Rays for the AL East begins... 7:15 pm on Fox TV

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Those Royals were an anomaly. The Rays don’t get a thousand seeing eye Baltimore chop singles in a row.  Unlike the 2014 Royals, they rely on imperfect human talent not the magic 8 ball. Plus, if they were all that they would have buried us months ago.It’s not who is hot now, it’s who is hot two weeks from now.

I think you're missing the fact that the comp was specifically about how the KC pen basically shut down the game if you were behind after 6 innings.

24 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I think you're missing the fact that the comp was specifically about how the KC pen basically shut down the game if you were behind after 6 innings.

Ahh, I see. Although by the very imperfect measure of blown saves they have 27 to our 28, both in the top third of MLB. By comparison, the Dodgers have 16.

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

It's a problem when you're getting outplayed by Wainwright and Rom. 

This loss wouldn't hurt if they hadn't played like chumps against a crap team.

There was definitely bad luck involved in those two losses. I agree, you win those two games and it's a totally different story now. Perhaps it's just the breaks evening out, the Orioles have had some luck this year as well.