Friday, September 15: Orioles vs Rays, televised exclusively by AppleTV+

SteveA

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I think were looking at the Orioles first sweep of the year...this team is just tired and taxed...they were lucky to win one against the Cardinals...Id keep Kjerstad in the lineup tomorrow though...

I think the O's take one. It may not be much but it could be big going forward.

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I told myself last night that I wasn’t gonna watch this tonight cause ja had a feeling this would be the outcome. And then I didn’t have any other plans, so why not? Maybe Flaherty actually gets his **** together, maybe the bats wake up. I’ll watch. 

Should have known. I mean, I did know. Still watched anyway. This sucks. We looked lost last night, tonight we looK pathetic. 

I'm right there with ya Bro. This is my exact same feeling / situation about this game, and I'm not even technically watching the game. I'm just following along here and on MLB Gameday live.

The moment I heard they were pitching Flaherty in this game, I didn't understand it. Didn't make any sense to me. But all we could do is hope for the best and pull for the team. But in life, hoping doesn't get you very far, and here we are.

I just hope they learn from their mistakes, flush, and play better tomorrow. Maybe management will make better decisions for what's left of the season.

1 hour ago, Uli2001 said:

Dumpster diving tends to produce these results. The LPY are _paying_ for Hicks to play for the Orioles. Think about it.

Trust me, I know. I've been criticizing Hicks more than almost anyone else on this board. Really bad look for Elias and Hyde to not recognize how bad of a ballplayer he is both offensively and defensively (especially defensively, which is more obvious and damaging to the team), and to fail to distinguish beteween a bad player on a lucky hot streak - what Hicks is - and a player who shouldn't be getting regular playing time.

2 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Trust me, I know. I've been criticizing Hicks more than almost anyone else on this board. Really bad look for Elias and Hyde to not recognize how bad of a ballplayer he is both offensively and defensively (especially defensively, which is more obvious and damaging to the team), and to fail to distinguish beteween a bad player on a lucky hot streak - what Hicks is - and a player who shouldn't be getting regular playing time.

Aaron Hicks as an .843 OPS coming into tonight's game as an Oriole. He's one move I'm not going to criticize even if I had my doubts when the Orioles picked him up.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s