Playoff Tickets

SilverRocket

5 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

May i ask how much the world series tickets are supposed to start at range wise?

My upper box seats are $225 per ticket for the World Series. $110 for the ALCS, and $65 for the Wild Card series and ALDS.

During the regular season, the elite price was $37 per tickets (Opening Day and a couple others).

Edited by MurphDogg

10 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

My upper box seats are $225 per ticket for the World Series. $110 for the ALCS, and $65 for the Wild Card series and ALDS.

During the regular season, the elite price was $37 per tickets (Opening Day and a couple others).

The prices are available? On your account ?

49 minutes ago, SteveA said:

If you buy a flex plan, you get 15% or 20% off the list price for whatever seats you pick.   And there is NO service charge of any type for purchasing tickets.

I think some seats are excluded from purchase via the flex plan, usually seats that are on sale via some other "special" such as the $10 weeknight bleacher deal or something.

I bought the $1200 flex plan.   When I wanted to go to a game I logged into my birdland member account and bought tickets using that plan.   The seats were presented to me with the discounted price.   I just clicked on the seats I wanted and bought them.   They were delivered to my account and the $ was subtraced from my  $1200 balance.   When I finally hit the balance and went over by a few bucks, I had to put in credit card info to cover the overage from my last purchase (but I still got the discount).

You get your email ?

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

You get your email ?

Yep, Wednesday at 10am.

I can get up to 4 tickets to ONE game in each series.   So I have to decide the game.   Which makes for some interesting decisions.

For the ALCS, for example:   we don't know if we will be the team home from games 1/2/6/7 or the team home for games 3/4/5.   So what will they do, put games A/B/C/D on Sale, and if we have home field advantage, A=1, B=2, C=6, D=7, while if we don't, A=3, B=4, C=5, D=refund ??   Is that how it will work?

If they do that I have to figure out by Wednesday which game I want to buy tickets for.   Well, I'm having a colonoscopy on October 20 which is when game 5 would be played, which would eliminate me from going to either game 4 or game 5 most likely, so I guess I would have to buy tickets to game A which would be game 3.   But then if we got home field advantage I would have tickets to game 1 which is Sunday the 15th, the day I am driving back from a weekend in Blacksburg.   As long as it's a late afternoon or night game I guess that's not a problem, I wouldn't want to have to drive 300 miles home for an early afternoon game.

Have to go through similar process for the ALDS, are we home for games 1/2/5, or games 3/4?   We won't know until the division is decided.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The prices are available? On your account ?

I already paid for my tickets. As a 29-game plan holder I got my seats for all of the playoff games at the prices I quoted. That package had to be purchased by September 15th, and the prices for the individual games were in the confirmation email.

Because I did the 50-50 payment plan, I also have presale access for 2 additional tickets per game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

I already paid for my tickets. As a 29-game plan holder I got my seats for all of the playoff games at the prices I quoted. That package had to be purchased by September 15th, and the prices for the individual games were in the confirmation email.

Because I did the 50-50 payment plan, I also have presale access for 2 additional tickets per game.

Ok. Makes sense.  

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Yep, Wednesday at 10am.

I can get up to 4 tickets to ONE game in each series.   So I have to decide the game.   Which makes for some interesting decisions.

For the ALCS, for example:   we don't know if we will be the team home from games 1/2/6/7 or the team home for games 3/4/5.   So what will they do, put games A/B/C/D on Sale, and if we have home field advantage, A=1, B=2, C=6, D=7, while if we don't, A=3, B=4, C=5, D=refund ??   Is that how it will work?

If they do that I have to figure out by Wednesday which game I want to buy tickets for.   Well, I'm having a colonoscopy on October 20 which is when game 5 would be played, which would eliminate me from going to either game 4 or game 5 most likely, so I guess I would have to buy tickets to game A which would be game 3.   But then if we got home field advantage I would have tickets to game 1 which is Sunday the 15th, the day I am driving back from a weekend in Blacksburg.   As long as it's a late afternoon or night game I guess that's not a problem, I wouldn't want to have to drive 300 miles home for an early afternoon game.

Have to go through similar process for the ALDS, are we home for games 1/2/5, or games 3/4?   We won't know until the division is decided.

It is listed as games 1-3 and 1-4. If you can only buy tickets to one, don't buy game 3 for the ALDS or game 3 or 4 for the ALCS, because there is no guarantee that they will happen.

If we have home field for the ALDS, games 1 and 2 will be games 1 and 2 and game 3 will be game 5, if not, they will be games 3 and 4 and game 3 will be refunded.

If we have home field for the ALCS, games 1 and 2 will be games 1 and 2 and games 3 and 4 will be games 6 and 7. If not Games 1, 2 and 3 will be games 3, 4 and 5 and game 4 will be refunded.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MurphDogg said:

It is listed as games 1-3 and 1-4. If you can only buy tickets to one, don't buy game 3 for the ALDS or game 3 or 4 for the ALCS, because there is no guarantee that they will happen.

If we have home field for the ALDS, games 1 and 2 will be games 1 and 2 and game 3 will be game 5, if not, they will be games 3 and 4 and game 3 will be refunded.

If we have home field for the ALCS, games 1 and 2 will be games 1 and 2 and games 3 and 4 will be games 6 and 7. If not Games 1, 2 and 3 will be games 3, 4 and 5 and game 4 will be refunded.

Thanks!   That's pretty much what I figured.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yep, Wednesday at 10am.

Yeah. Definitely some planning and guess work needed. There is only one game on schedule day of Game 1 of ALCS, the 15th. NLCS starts next day. I would be shocked if it’s not a night game. Assume 730/8 start time. Solid chance ALCS Game 2 is during day but no lock.  I am debating whether going for Game 6 or Game 1 of ALCS- assuming division title. 

Any game not played is a refund. 

• Upvote 1