Tuesday, September 19: Battle of AL's top two division leaders continues in Houston

SteveA

Gametime:  8:10 pm EDT

Forecast:  88 degrees, clear

MatchupKyle Gibson (R) vs Hunter Brown (R)

Lineups

Gunnar Henderson 3B (L)
Anthony Santander RF (S)
Ryan O’Hearn 1B (L)
Austin Hays LF (R)
Cedric Mullins CF (L)
Heston Kjerstad DH (L)
Adam Frazier 2B (L)
James McCann C (R)
Jorge Mateo SS (R)

Jose Altuve 2B (R)
Alex Bregman 3B (R)
Yordan Álvarez DH (L)
Kyle Tucker RF (L)
José Abreu 1B (R)
Chas McCormick LF (R)
Yanier Díaz C (R)
Mauricio Dúbon CF (R)
Jeremy Peña SS (R)

Orioles Bench
Aaron Hicks (S) --  sore left hamstring, but said to be availabile tonight
Ryan Mountcastle (R) -- has missed 5 games with a sore left shoulder
Adley Rutschman (S)
Ramon Urias (R)
Jordan Westburg (R)

Bullpen Availability

Available
DL Hall (L)  1.0 IP, 16p Sunday;  0.0 IP, 9p Friday 
Jorge Lopez  1.1 IP, 22p Sunday

Probably Available
James Webb  0.2 IP, 16p last night;  1.0 IP, 18p Friday 

Maybe Available
Michael Baumann  1.0 IP, 17p Saturday
Yennier Cano  0.1 IP, 3p last night;  1.1 IP, 9p Sunday

Probably Not Available
Daniel Coulombe (L) 0.2 IP, 12p last night;  1.1 IP, 11p Sunday
Cionel Perez (L)  0.2 IP, 8p last night;  0.1 IP, 5p Sunday;  1.0 IP, 11p Friday

Not Available
Shintaro Fujinami  0.1 IP, 21p last night;  0.2 IP, 20p Sunday

Edited by SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Goes right back to Ted Williams. Get a good pitch to hit and drive it.
    • There was an attempt to debunk this article in the other O'Hearn thread where it's the OP, but in it O'Hearn explains that his efforts to change launch angle and severely limit when he swings underlie the improved performance since coming to the Orioles.  
    • I'm thinking that Suarez can be that extra high leverage arm the O's need.  Someone who can take some of the closing pressure off Kimbrel.  No, Hyde, the closer doesn't have to get every save.  I hate when Hyde uses every high leverage arm in a single game then the next game you just have the B squad. 
    • Would have been nice for his campaign if he had been allowed to go 8 or even go for the shutout. 
    • He looked much more pull happy when he was up, with bigger leg lift. In the minors he seem to handle pitches away much better, taking them to left and left center.
    • I've got to think that as long as we keep winning we trade for some bullpen help.  Kimbrel is fine and it's good that he's a vet that figure stuff out in between outings, but he's 35 and can't be relied on for nearly the same workload as we leaned on Felix for.
    • Ever since the discussions of Bradish and Means going on the IL and getting a late start to their seasons, I have felt that Irvin would stick as a starter.  He is more suited to be in the rotation than he is to be a relief pitcher. And this past 4 weeks he is showing why.  He can give you 180-190 innings this season if you keep putting confidence in him.  It would be nice to have 2 decent lefties in our rotation with 1 RHP sandwiched in between them. But truth be told I don't think John Means can last more than 2 months before some type of ailment nags his body. 
  • Popular Contributors