ALDS Game 1 schedule conflict

EERinthe804

I just read all four Division Series game 1's occur on Saturday 10/7.     LAD and ATL probably have an edge on BAL and TEX if the networks get input on prime time.

I'd guess we play the earliest game that Saturday.     BAL 100, TEX 400, ATL 700, LAD 1000 seems about right.

Despite the AL's overall strong results in recent years, whoever is in it the ALCS will probably get undercard treatment if there is a ATL-LAD matchup.

43 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure we would have the early game regardless if there was a conflict or not. We are not a big market draw regardless of how good our record is.

Well, the AL games are on Fox/FS1 while the NL games are on TBS.   There are probably already timeslots set aside for those networks, and the Fox networks also broadcast college football on Saturdays.   So I don't know that it's just one monolithic decision where the powers that be put the most desirable games in prime time.   There are probably days in the postseason where TBS has the primtime slots and days where Fox does.

But yeah, our game has to be early due to the shared parking.

Even if we start at 1pm, say the game is a bit long oes to 4:30.  How long does it take to COMPLETELY empty out the shared parking lots with the Ravens with one way traffic out before they start letting concert fans come in to the lot?   It's going to be tight timing.

We might wind up with a noon game.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

FWIW, Saturday 10/7 the FS1 channel has MLB listed at 330 and 830 on Comcast's preview guide.

FOX has a college football tripleheader that day, as the MLB v. college football pecking order is clear.

Yeah... and good luck getting them to bump the horse racing re-runs that they have scheduled for 12:30!! 😉

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Saw Billy Joel in BMore a few years ago..he was excellent but I also don’t feel the need to see him again.  

He was awesome at Camden Yards and still puts on a hell of a show. I'm not rushing out to see him again, but I'm really glad I went last time. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Saw Billy Joel in BMore a few years ago..he was excellent but I also don’t feel the need to see him again.  

My buddy asked me if I wanted to go see Pearl Jam earlier this year...

Meh, I'm good. I prefer to remember them circa 1997-1998 or so.

Now the truth of the matter is Billy Joel is a much different show than Pearl Jam. You aren't gonna have mosh pits and crowd surfing, etc... so it's not the same thing.

I'm a music snob. Not Can of Corn snobby or anything, but if I'm paying $100 for tickets, I need the music & vox to be tight. And in my experience, the older they get, the looser they get. 

Yeah, I said it. Take that statement down any rabbit hole you desire.

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Upvote 1