Thursday, September 28: Orioles try to win Game #100 and clinch AL East Title and #1 seed in the AL playoffs

SteveA

1 hour ago, Yossarian said:

Brings a tear to my eye.   I live 3,000 miles away and have only been to Camden Yards 1 time in my life.  Yet, I have lived and died with the O's my whole life.   I would turn to the box score in the daily paper religiously to see how my O's did the night before as a youngster.   I would get a smile on my face to see Ripken, Murray, Dempsey, Singleton, Bumbry, Lowenstein, Roenicke, DeCinces, and all the rest in those box scores.  Although I am separated by distance, I still feel like this is my team.   Let's go O's!!

A lot like me when I lived in SoCal. Weams was on the board then and it felt like I had my own ambassador into Baltimore baseball culture through him. He also introduced me to some cool people, including Tony, who I met in Baltimore during the 2014 season when I visited with my brother.

I had followed the team since they beat the Reds in the ‘70 series and I never looked back. My guys were Brooks, Frank, JP, Paul Blair and Belanger. And of course, Earl.

Brooks would be happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

A lot like me when I lived in SoCal. Weams was on the board then and it felt like I had my own ambassador into Baltimore baseball culture through him. He also introduced me to some cool people, including Tony, who I met in Baltimore during the 2014 season when I visited with my brother.

I had followed the team since they beat the Reds in the ‘70 series and I never looked back. My guys were Brooks, Frank, JP, Paul Blair and Belanger. And of course, Earl.

Brooks would be happy.

I'm glad I found this website. There will be times that I will be out west and the community here will be extremely valuable to me when that happens. Even though I wasn't able to meet him, I feel like I owe a lot of this to Weams, as well as Tony and every one who helps contribute like cboemmeljr does.

1 hour ago, Yossarian said:

Brings a tear to my eye.   I live 3,000 miles away and have only been to Camden Yards 1 time in my life.  Yet, I have lived and died with the O's my whole life.   I would turn to the box score in the daily paper religiously to see how my O's did the night before as a youngster.   I would get a smile on my face to see Ripken, Murray, Dempsey, Singleton, Bumbry, Lowenstein, Roenicke, DeCinces, and all the rest in those box scores.  Although I am separated by distance, I still feel like this is my team.   Let's go O's!!

I also lived far from Baltimore most of my life, but I did live there from 1996 to 2002. That's when I became an Oriole fan. I have been a few times to OPACY but used to watch every game on TV when I lived in Baltimore.