Thursday, September 28: Orioles try to win Game #100 and clinch AL East Title and #1 seed in the AL playoffs

SteveA

5 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

We did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome:

I have to say, there were some dark times these past three weeks, when my confidence wavered that they could do it.

That 4-game losing streak, while losing the first two games to the Rays in the 4-game series, was very tough. It was very doubtful they could do this at that point.

The three-game losing streak was bad too, but that was more out of impatience to clinch, things were looking better then.

This team is very resilient.  I will have no doubt that they can come back from any deficit in these upcoming playoff series.

• Upvote 2

Not gonna lie, Wells looking like early season Wells and coming out of the pen in the 9th makes me feel a lot better about the bullpen.  You know he can pitch 2 innings without breaking a sweat too which is huge.  Have him come in the 8th, for a 2 inning save and keep Perez or Cano around for emergencies on the game before the travel day.

• Upvote 1